Please send me the latest Windows 10 drivers for this modem:
OEM Modem: Quectel EC25-AF series Modem
OEM Firmware: Quectel: EC25AFFDR07A09M4G
Supplier Modem: Protectli IDG400-0TE0C
Supplier Firmware: Protectli 00004L0.K21_a21.0000
PC Windows Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_NDIS_V2.7.9 @mflieger

Hi Bean,

We are also using an RM520 modem. Could you please share the driver with me?

I have tried to download the v2.3 but inside the zip setup.exe is not there setup.ex_ is there so I cannot able to do those processes.

Do you have the correct drivers for my Quectel EC25-AF series Modem? The NCIS_v2.7.9 driver you gave me do not recognize the Quectel EC25-AF series Modem.

Please show the device manager.
The 2.7.9 should work for EC25-AF.

Please check the message.

Hi Bean:

Per your request, I’ve attached a .jpg screenshot showing Win 10 device manager. The 2.7.9 driver installs however, the EC25-AF modem does not connect to the PC. Anything you can recommend to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to use Qnavigator or QCOM to transmit AT commands to the modem so that I can band lock the modem to specific cellular bands.

Mark

even though the EC25 is unpluged but you can also see the USB device in the device manager. Is it sure?
It seems like problem with the system or the hardware. I has nothing to do with the driver.
How about try another USB cable?
I can send you another driver but i think it won’t help.

Can you send AT if the EC25 is connected?

No. If I connect the EC25 via a usb cable to either a USB 2 or 3 port on my Win 10 PC, the EC25 shows up in device manager as a unconnected hidden device. If I don’t check “Show hidden devices” under the View menu in device manager, the EC25 does not show up in device manager at all. If I do check “Show hidden devices”, the EC25 shows up grayed out (see prior screen shot) and is therefore not useable by either QNavigator or QCOM for transmitting AT commands.
For some reason, after installing the v2.7.9 drivers, device manager recognizes the EC25 but considers it as “disconnected” (see prior screen shot).

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

If you uninstall the Quectel Driver, can you see any unknown device in the device manager?
From the description, it sounds like a hardware problem.

If I uninstall the Quectel Driver and disconnect/reconnect usb cable to the modem, Win 10 pops a temporary notification box stating “Windows is setting up EC25-AF device”. When the notification disappears, nothing new appears in device manager.

My EC25-AF was purchased from Protectli who I believe sources them from AMIT who sources the chip from Quectel. Do you think it’s possible that either AMIT or Protectli have modified their firmware to prevent users from connecting via USB and or executing AT commands? AMIT does not offer any support and Protectli support does not have a clue.

As a workaround, is it possible to configure the modem to accept AT commands via SSH over TCP/IP? I am able to login to the modem via SSH over TCP/IP as the modem’s root user. I can execute unix commands in the root directory but, I’m unable to execute AT commands. Can I run something as the root user that enables AT commands using this alternative method rather than via USB?

Bean:

I’ve tested each of the following drivers by installing them and disconnecting/reconnecting my EC25-AF via USB for each.

Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_V1.0.1
Quectel_LTE&5G_Windows_USB_Driver_V2.1
Quectel_LTE&5G_Windows_USB_Driver_V2.2.4
Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_NDIS_V2.3
Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_NDIS_V2.4.6
Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_NDIS_V2.7.6
Quectel_Windows_USB_Driver(Q)_NDIS_V2.7.9

TEST RESULTS:
All these drivers tested fail to show an active USB Serial Device connection within Win 10 device manager.

QUESTION:
Why can’t I get my modem to connect to my PC as a USB Serial Device?

WORKAROUND QUESTION:
I am able to enable SSH on the modem and connect to it via Putty running on Win10 PC over TCP/IP as the modem’s root user. Unfortunately, while the modem accepts unix commands in this configuration, it does not accept AT commands. Is there a way to enable the modem’s acceptance of AT commands via SSH over TCP/IP as an alternative to connecting to the modem as a USB Serial Device?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

Please check whether you can open the usb serial port. If not, have you tried it on other machine.
SSH to connect ith which IP?

You said: “Please check whether you can open the usb serial port.”

Answer: I don’t understand what you mean. The USB ports I’ve tried on my Win 10 PC all function normally. The USB port on the modem is labelled “Power”. It’s the only available USB port on the modem.

Question: Do you think my Protectli/AMIT EC25-AF modem is disabled for USB communication and is ONLY used USB for powering the modem?

You said: “have you tried it on other machine?”

Answer: Yes. I’ve tried a 2nd Win 10 PC with the same results.

You said: “SSH to connect with which IP?”

Answer: I can connect via SSH to the modem over ethernet (TCP/IP) rather than the USB port. I connect to the IP address of the modem as the root user.

Question: Do you know of any way to get a Quectel modem to accept AT commands via SSH protocol over ethernet?

Sorry for late reply.
Could you show the device manager?

It is impossible to connect with the modem via ssh.
There is no sshd server inside.

I already showed you the device manager.
See screen shot of device manager further up in this thread.

Could you please send me the latest windows driver and Firmware for the RM520N-GL
( leiananleiabc0@gmail.com ). Thank you!!

-An Lei

I have sent them to you

I already showed you the device manager.
See screen shot of device manager further up in this thread.