Use of l89 GNSS engine for IRNSS

Dear Sir,
L89 module can get location in the open sky without extra operation. This issue is probably caused by the GNSS RF path.
From the log, the external active antenna is in open circuit. Then please make sure the patch antenna works and other RF path is normal too.
Best Regards

hi ,
We are using direct module from quectel, there is inbuilt patch antenna & RF path designed by quectel. We are not using any external active antenna.
let us know any command to select on module patch antenna .

Dear Sir,
Please update the latest FW to verify.
Firmware & Upgrade user guide: L89HANR01A03S.zip Quectel_L89_R2.0_EVB_User_Guide_V1.0_Preliminary_20200429.pdf

https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/europe-fae_quectel_com/Ekj8DTujl_xMtw6bMygDw6MBsqV_vxCMJJVqeuPt1J3zFA?e=XQ1sLa

Upgrade tool: IoT_Flash_Tool_Windows_v2.8.9_AG3335

https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/europe-fae_quectel_com/Ekf2zkvyC59JsVCqJgMf6gwBSLtf1gbAITtmZNiFiz6hYQ?e=BsWifJ

Best Regards

ok thanks , and will let u know

Hi team,
we designed 2 board 1 is separate L89H GNSS module and another one is soc board (intel E3930 soc) we observed one thing.

1. When we connect L89H module to linux Laptop via (uart to usb converter) that time we are not getting NMEA logs (including latitude, longitude , altitude ) on ttyUSB0 port .

2. WHen we connect L89H module to our Soc board via UART . that time we are getting logs
    but not valid data (means latitude , longitude not coming) on UART port (ttyS1).

my dout is how it is happening that connecting to laptop proper data coming and connected to Soc proper data not coming ??

Hi Sir
1.Can you read the NMEA sentence output by using the USB to serial port tool on the windows system? If there is no NMEA sentence output, please check whether there is a problem with the hardware design circuit.If possible, could you share your hardware design design drawings with us for review.

In Ubuntu system, please use the serial terminal software to check it, the receiving mode is set to hexadecimal, check whether there is data output, if there is data output, please check whether the baud rate is correct.

2.Since GNSS positioning needs to receive satellite signals, indoor satellite signals are usually weak.So I suggest you go to the open sky environment to test.

Best Regards

Hi ,
Already Quectel team has reviewed the L89H schematics.
Today we tested L89 H module with our Soc board in open sky . getting NMEA logs for GPS but not for IRNSS .
![GPS_GLONASS_IRNSS_logs
we will share board schematics , Screenshots .
How we can proceed ?
PFA.

1. Default state logs :–

1. Enable only IRNSS using PAIR command :-

2. Schematics of L89H module :-
    SCH_L89H_Review_A1.pdf (201.6 KB)

Hi team ,
We upgraded firmware using IOT tool (which is u shared) ,
After that we get following logs . In these IRNSS logs are fine or not ?
PFA

Dear nikhilvp29

1. Is the antenna placed on the ground or is there a certain distance from the ground? It is recommended to have a certain distance from the ground, and try to test in an open sky environment.

2. Is it tested with the onboard antenna?

3. Satellites are distributed differently at different times. You try to choose different time to test. This may have an impact.

Best Regards

Hi ,
We are using onboard antenna . with that only we captured NMEA logs

Hi ,

1. we are getting GPS related 8 to 10 satellites in view but sometimes for IRNSS we are
    getting on 1 satellite in view ?
    Why it is like these , is there any specific reason ?

2. We are sending these command to UART1 (ttyS1)::
    echo -e ‘$‘PAIR491’*‘36’\r’’\n’ > /dev/ttyS1
    is it correct .
    or need to change command format ?

Dear nikhilvp29
1.Please use the command to open the debug information:$PAIR086,1*29
need to add \r\n.

Then set up only NAVIC mode, get the log and send it to me, it is best to test several times,we will analyze the reason.My email address is albert.liu@quectel.com.

2.What do you want to do when you send $PAIR491 command,this message is used to query whether the EASY function is enabled or disabled.

Best Regards

Hi ,
I sent IRNSS logs on mail.

Hi,

1. We are using mnicom and GPSD to get NMEA logs for L89 module . when we open minicom /dev/ttyS1 ; that time we are not getting logs first time , but after board reboot will get NMEA logs , these random issue we are facing .

2. After gpsd configuration , we we tring to give gpsmon or gpspipe command first time NMEA logs get stuck . but after L89 module reset , will get proper logs in gpsmon.

3. attached a screenshot of gpsmon command logs stuck , but after module reset it works fine ,
    why it is stucking first time ?

Dear nikhilvp29
Do you try to directly output the raw data of serial output without software analysis? There may be a problem with the analysis. You can also use the USB to serial tool to click on the serial port TX of L89 to see if there is data output,or try another serial port tool software.

Best Regards