Request firmware update v.13 for EG18EA

Hello,
Could You please send me the latest DFOTA version for this?
My current version is EG18EAPAR01A12M4G.

I’m searching for version EG18EAPAR01A13M4G
to upgrade the LTE module of Zyxel LTE5398-M904
(and the DFOTA to downgrade from v.13 to v.12 too)

Thanks.

Where do you got EG18EAPAR01A12M4G?
Is that EU Version?
My Router only has EG18EAPAR01A11M4G (Model LTE5398-M904)

Regards
Tobias

directly from Zyxel EU support

Thank you for reply.
The Zyxel support sent you the Module Version, because you have requested it?
There is no download option on the Zyxel homepage for this version.

Yes, I requested that specific version from Zyxel EU (EMEA) support because the release notes for the latest firmware (v.04) of the router (LTE5398-M904) listed the LTE module firmware version EG18EAPAR01A12M4G.

I asked to include that version on the official download page, but they told me that it depends on the parent company and they have no influence on it.

I hope Quectel can help by sending me the DFOTA update from v.12 to v.13 (and from v.13 to v.12)

is there a benefit, that I should upgrade from 08 to 12 or from 12 to 13?
are there changelogs available?

AT+QGMR
EG18EAPAR01A12M4G_01.001.01.001

Is there any Quectel representative who can send me an updated version of the firmware?

I’m currently on the version EG18EAPAR01A13M4G.
I would need the DFOTA to downgrade from V13 to V12 or from V13 to V8.
I also have the downgrade version from V13 to V8, but it does not work. I can not downgrade the module.

Thanks.

@ShortyPTG may you help me?

1 Like

@Rcatech Hello!
Is a pleasure to guide you to the right person that domain firmware things; is @herbert.pan-Q
He is here in the business days, during business hours, quite often.
Do you have the latest firmware updater tools and drivers? They are quite important for a proper, and “peace of mind” successfully update process.
If you want, I can share with you my drivers and tools, even my device being a EP06-E, drivers and tools are mostly “commonly shared” by the “E” devices…
If you need further assistance, you can contact the field engineer @lyman-Q or check out the Quectel moderators or the support team, like @Raphael-Q and many more. Alternatively and furthermore, you’re always welcome to send an email to: support@quectel.com and address your questions and issues… I can guarantee you that you will receive a proper assistance with a polite and great communication over there.

Have a great Saturday (2-dec-2023) :slight_smile:

Here you have my tools and drivers:EP06.zip - Google ドライブ

I hope that all this can help you for a while. Please don’t use a different firmware on your device, it can damage it seriously - tools and drivers are common or shared, but never firmwares. :slight_smile:

@Rcatech I forgot to mention @tabor.tang-Q, that is from support team, and handled a similar case, like yours…
I apologise for the inconvenient.
Usually, all tools, drivers and firmwares are sent to the email that you used to create your account here in the forum. Sometimes is good to check your spam folders…

1 Like

Hello @tabor.tang-Q and @herbert.pan-Q,
I hope You are the right persons who can help me,
as suggested by @ShortyPTG

I’m using the EG18EA in European Union (Italy).

May You send me (in PM) the DFOTA firmware
for upgrade from v.12 to v.13 and for downgrade from v.13 to v.12?

Is there a new version of the firmware higher than v.13?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Rcatech
Can you upgrade locally? I have a local upgrade package that I can send to you.

1 Like

Yes, now i have EG18EAPAR01A12M4G_01.001.01.001
[the last update applied was Update_EG18EAPAR01A08M4G-R01A12M4G.zip ]

May you send me the 12 to 13 dfota, the 12 to 8 dfota and 13 to 12 dfota too?

Hi @Rcatech
I sent you a local upgrade package. Can you use USB to connect the device? Whether the system you are using is Windows or Linux, I will send you the corresponding upgrade tool.

1 Like

Hi @lyman-Q
May I know why you haven’t made an FTP server available with the stable versions of the various firmware upgrades/downgrades of your LTE modules?

For us users it would be much simpler and faster to be able to choose what to download, without having to wait for one of you to have the time to send us what we need.

Look at:

You have already solved the exact same problem in the recent past, without waiting too long.

Hi @Rcatech
I have applied to make a FOTA package. I will send it to you immediately after it is made. I’m sorry to keep you waiting.

Hi @Rcatech
I have sent you the FOTA package download link through the chat box, please check it.

1 Like

Hi @lyman-Q
Could you send it to me too? Thank you very much.