LG290P the new gnss module documentation

Ok George but normally I buy gps modules on aliexpress and I have never had any documentation!.
Where can I buy the lg290P module to also get assistance and/or documentation?

greetings and have a good day
AF

Hi @falajons @zody
I have sent you the relevant information via email, please check.
Official QGNSS tool download link: QGNSS_V1.10_CN | 移远通信 (quectel.com.cn)

Thanks a lot George. I’ve got your email

Hello George,

can LG290P module run with 3,3V, which connected
with UART interface of ESP32?
White cable: 3,3V
Blue cable: GND
Green cable Tx1-Rx1 of ESP32
Yellow cable: Rx1-Tx1 of ESP32

Thank you in advance!

Hi @tomrm
As shown in the figure below, the operating voltage of LG290P is 3.3V.

Hi George,

so LG290P board should run with 3.3V together with an
ESP32 on the UART interface continuously without any problems? But it does not, because LG290P board stopped working after a view hours running well sending data to ESP32 UART interface. Now only blue Vcc LED is on and red LED flashing when GPS data received, can not be recognized any more. Stopped also sending data to QGNSS by USB interface, when connected by USB cable to the computer.
Also does not accept any commands sent by QGNSS to the board. All worked well before. What can I do to make the LG290P board running again?

Hi @tomrm
Please use the “$PQTMVERNO*58” command to check the version of the module and let me know, and please provide your email address.

Hi George,

commands do not work any more.
LG290P chip does not accept any commands, after running board with 3.3V. It looks like the chip died.

I just saw that Quectel_LG290P03_Hardware_Design_V1.0.pdf & Quectel_LG290P03_GNSS_Protocol_Specification_V1.0.pdf are posted to quectel.com. Thanks for getting these published!

Hello, could you please send me the AT command documentation for the LG290P chip? My email is jadilsontopoj@gmail.com.

Hi @Jadilson_Motta
I have sent you the relevant information via email, please check.

Good morning, George! How are you? I couldn’t find your email. Could you resend it to me? Thank you.

Hello, could someone send me this file, I couldn’t find it on the official page!
Quectel_LG290P_GNSS_Protocol_Specification_V1.0.0_Preliminary_20240517.pdf
e-mail jadilsontopoj@gmail.com

Better U register on the https://www.quectel.com site…
https://www.quectel.com/content/uploads/2024/09/Quectel_LG290P03_GNSS_Protocol_Specification_V1.0.pdf
&
https://www.quectel.com/content/uploads/2024/07/Quectel_LG290P03_RTK_Application_Note_V1.0.pdf
Regards

1 Like

@george.gao can you send me the latest firmware?
email: engineering@grandnetworksolutions.com

Also, is there a way to register for get the latest firmware updates when they come out?

Thank you

$PQTMVER,1,MODULE,LG290P03AANR01A03S,2024/05/22,18:09:06*36

Hi @Paul.Grand
Is the current version inside your module LG290P03AANR01A03S?
LG290P03AANR01A03S is the latest firmware version.

Hi @Jadilson_Motta
Sorry, it has already been resent.

Hi,

I use WROOM ESP32.
I attached my sketch for you.
Please try it.

Uart2_BT_BLE_Brigde.zip (2.5 KB)

@george.gao: please also send me the latest firmware and documentation. Thanks
email: frmu72108@gmx.de

Hello friends!
I received the LG290P and want to use it in challenging environments. I live in Kazakhstan, Kostanay region, next to Russia. And we have a lot of interference here :frowning:
When working with the LG290P, I encountered a problem: when the module determines a solution, it writes that it is not serviced. As I understand it, these are sanctions on Russia, but I’m in Kazakhstan.
How to solve this? Maybe there are firmware without blocking or unlock my module by serial number?
With respect and hope, Batyr.