EC25AFFAR07A08M4G Firmware for EC25 AF

Received. Thank you!

Hi, Looking for latest firmware and tools needed to upgrade EC25AFFAR07A08M4G. Thanks

I have a card with EC25AFFAR07A14M4G. I cannot get registered with network - same issue as Solomon.

Can you send a newer (or older) firmware for me to try? This one does not seem to work.

Thanks,

I have sent it to your email,pls check

Hello, I am looking for the latest firmware compatible with North America and the tools needed to upgrade. My current version is : EC25AFFAR07A13M4G.
Thanks

I have sent it to your email, please check

1 Like

Dear Herbert,

I am looking for the latest firmware for EC25EFA and EG12EAPA. I have the tools, drivers and everything, I only need the firmware files.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, both arrived.

One question about the EC25:

You sent version EC25EFAR06A16M4G_20.200.20.200 (R06)
We have EC25EFAR08A04M4G_20.001.20.001 (R08)

Maybe we need the latest R08 instead of the latest R06? We received the R08 previously because it fixed a modem reconnection issue.

Not sure what is the difference between the R06 and R08 firmware variants.

If you can share the latest R08 version that would be nice. And if you can shed some light on the differences, that would be also useful.

Thanks again, much appreciate your help!

It is the latest version of R08

Thanks!

Can you tell me what is the difference between R06 and R08? Is there a recommended version?

See the documentation in the firmware file

I checked the changelogs, but it is not clear which one is the best to use.

For example, EC25EFAR06A16M4G is clearly newer, but it does not contain all the stuff that is present in the EC25EFAR08A04M4G, which is almost 2 years old.

And the manual say that it is not possible to downgrade from EC25EFAR06A16M4G, so if I install it and I find that the R08 was working better, I am not able to downgrade.

This is the reason I am asking.

In my opinion, the current firmware version of the module meets the needs of your application, so there is no need to focus on more version issues

Thanks Herbert, much appreciate your help!

One more question remains:

We noticed that from time to time when the module looses the coverage, it can “stick” to a foreign network in “LIMSRV” mode:

+QENG: "servingcell","LIMSRV","LTE","FDD",216,01,2F08,179,6400,20,3,3,1402,-91,-9,-64,7,32

and the module does this even with roaming disabled (AT+QCFG="roamservice",1,1)

This is very annoying, as even when the home network is available again, the module is stuck in this mode.

Can you help us with this? Maybe there is an AT command to change this behavior?

I think LIMSRV is very much related to SIM card, please replace SIM card and try again

The SIM card is working correctly, that was the first thing I tested. The problem is that it “sticks” to the wrong network in this “LIMSRV” mode instead of searching until it finds the home network.

Under At+QCFG there are a lot of options available but the official AT+command documentation only describes a small part.

For example: AT+QCFG: "hplmn/search_timer" sounds interesting, as the name suggests that it is related to Home PLMN search. By default it is set to 30, but it is not clear if it is “seconds” or “minutes” and what is the actual use of it, when it is triggered?

+QCFG: "nwoptmz/acq" , +QCFG: "lte/bandprior" and +QCFG: "lte/preferfre" are also looks interesting in terms of controlling or speeding up the network search time or optimize the search pattern. If we can get some information about these parameters, that would be lovely.

Again, thanks for your help, much appreciate it!

Dear @herbert.pan-Q

I am testing with EG12EAPAR01A14M4G (01.200.01.200) firmware, and I found the exact same issue as I seen with the EC25 R06 firmwares:

When the mobile coverage is lost, the dial-up interface stays up indefinitely.

The solution to this issue with the EC25 modem was that we received a firmware version from the R08 release tree and that solved the issue. My question is if something similar is available for the EG12-EA modules as well? Or maybe an AT command can change this behavior?

Hi Herbert

I would also like to have the latest firmware EC25
My current firmware version is EC25EFAR06A02M4G
Thanks