Request for latest firmware for LC29H-DA (currently NR11A03S)

Hello Quectel Support Team,

I have a Waveshare LC29H(DA) GPS/RTK HAT connected to a Raspberry Pi 4B.

Current firmware version:
$PQTMVERNO,LC29HDANR11A03S_RSA,2024/03/19,13:55:31*20

Issue:
The module receives RTCM3 corrections from ASG-EUPOS (Polish CORS network,
mountpoint RTN4G_VRS_RTCM32) and achieves RTK Float (quality=5) within
30 seconds, but never converges to RTK Fixed (quality=4).

Test conditions:

  • Open sky, dual-frequency antenna (L1/L5)
  • 33-35 satellites tracked, HDOP 0.57-0.65
  • Distance to nearest CORS station: ~13 km (Katowice)
  • RTCM messages received: 1005, 1075, 1085, 1095, 1125 (MSM5)
  • RTK Float stable for 10+ minutes without Fixed
  • Occasional 1-2 second Fixed, immediately drops back to Float

Based on information from Swift Navigation documentation and community
forums, firmware NR11A04S or newer is required for stable RTK Fixed
convergence on LC29H-DA.

Could you please send me the latest firmware file for LC29H-DA?

Module: LC29H-DA
Current firmware: LC29HDANR11A03S_RSA (2024/03/19)
Requested firmware: LC29HDANR11A04S or newer

My email:pvandrzej@gmail.com

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Andrzej

Hi @Andrzej

I have sent the latest firmware to you through eamil, please check it.
By the way, The email( email:pvandrzej@gmail.com) you provided appears to be invalid.


Therefore, I have sent the firmware to the email address listed under your forum user profile.

Moreover, Regarding your question about RTK unstable fixed, which maybe cause environment. Could you please provide the logs for LC29HDA and corrections in email? I can help you analyze this issue.

Best regards.

Hello Quectel Support Team,

I have exactly the same problem, my LC29HDA has a very instable RTK connection.
Could you please also send the latest firmware for the LC29HDA to me?
slice-66vesting@icloud.com

Thank you,

Ramon

slice-66vesting@icloud.com

Hi @rvbcrs , I have sent the latest FW version to your email. Please do let me know if you have received the FW package. Best regard.

Dear Quectel Support Team,

I have an LC29H EA module, but it has stopped tracking anything other than GPS satellites. Although I have issued commands such as PQTMCFGCNST to enable the use of all satellites, the situation remains unchanged.
Could you please provide the latest firmware with improvements?

The current version is:
$PQTMVERNO,LC29HEANR11A03S_RSA,2023/10/31,16:52:14*2B

raspico@outlook.jp

Hi @raspico, pelase check your email, I have sent you latest firmware LC29HEANR11A04S_RSA with related upgrade guide.

To change the constellation configuration, after sending PQTMCFGCNST, you will need to send $PQTMSAVEPAR*5A and then restart the module.

Hello Quectel Support Team,
Thank you for providing the firmware. The receiver is successfully obtaining a position fix. However, after updating the firmware, the following message has started appearing: $PQTMTXT,1,01,01,03,This version is not licensed, please contact FAE.*7C. Since the message instructs me to contact an FAE, I am reaching out to you now.

Thank you for your assistance.

Have you upgraded this firmware before?

This message is sent when the firmware version does not match the module version.

BR

Hello Quectel Support Team,
I see. In that case, will the functionality be limited? Is there a workaround?
I seem to be able to perform standalone positioning, so is it okay to continue using it as is?

Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, the functionality will be limited some additional features won’t work. But if in your application you don’t see the difference, it will work fine.

You did not get the same message with LC29HEANR11A03S version?

Could you make sure that you are using LC29H(EA) and not some other LC29H module.

BR

It is possible that the output was present with the LC29HEANR11A03S as well (I wasn’t able to check all the messages because the console window in QGNSS was too small).

Since positioning is working, I plan to keep using it as is.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Hello Jasper and Dobrica,

Need the firmware for the LC29HBSMD and the DA. My fw is from 2023, there is a latest one right?

Kind Regards

Hi @Guto,

Seems that the FW you currently have on LC29H(BS) is the latest one.

I have sent you the latest firmware for LC29H(DA), please check your email.

Best Regards, Dobrica

I am writing to request the latest firmware for the LC29HDA module. I understand that a new version, LC29HDANR11A04S_RSA, was released earlier this year.

Could you please provide this file or direct me to where I can download it?

@Tobiasz_Parys,

Please check your email, I have sent you the latest version with the upgrade guide.

Best Regards.

Hello,

I have an LC29H(DA) module with the following firmware:

$PQTMVERNO,LC29HDANR11A03S_RSA,2024/03/19,13:55:31*20

I am using it together with an LC29H(BS) as an RTK rover/base pair.

The rover receives RTCM corrections and reaches RTK Float, but does not reach RTK Fixed.

Could you please send me the latest firmware for LC29H(DA), preferably NR11A04S_RSA or newer, together with the firmware upgrade instructions?

Thank you.

Hello, I have not received the firmware package yet. Could you please resend the latest LC29H(DA) firmware to the email address associated with my forum account?

Hi @vivadela

Please check your email I have sent you the latest firmware with appropriate upgrade guide.

Can you describe your testing scenario? Which antennas are you using? Could you describe the location on which you are doing RTK testing?

Best Regards, Dobrica

Hi Dobrica, can you send me the HBA firmware please?

Hey I have some LC29H-DA modules and I’m having a similar float issues. At least one of my modules reports:
LC29HDANR11A03S_RSA,2024/03/19,13:55:31*20
Can you send me the latest and greatest firmware? Thanks in advance.