Port forwarding on Quectel EG912Y-EU

Hello,

We use EG912Y-EU in a project where we get a static IP address from the mobile operator (we pay extra for this feature and it works fine with another device that has a u-blox modem). I am trying to access a web server with the static IP address but connection cannot be established. On the u-blox modem I had to do some extra modem configuration (port forwarding):
AT+UIPTABLES=
AT+UIPTABLES=“-t nat -A PREROUTING -p 6 --dport 22 -i ccinet+ -j DNAT --to 10.21.8.68:22
AT+UIPTABLES=“-t nat -A PREROUTING -p 17 --dport 22 -i ccinet+ -j DNAT --to 10.21.8.68:22
AT+UIPTABLES=“-t nat -A PREROUTING -p 6 --dport 80 -i ccinet+ -j DNAT --to 10.21.8.68:8000
AT+UIPTABLES=“-t nat -A PREROUTING -p 17 --dport 80 -i ccinet+ -j DNAT --to 10.21.8.68:8000

Is there a way to achieve the same thing on Quectel EG912Y-EU or how should we proceed?

Many thanks,
Remus.

What is the IP address you see on the modem and what is the address of the host the modem is connected to?
What protocol is used between the host and the modem?

WAN IP: 10.255.16.41 (it’s a private mobile network - MPLS - it’s not public internet)
Host wwan0 IP: 192.168.43.100

How could I check the protocol between host and modem? The device has a modem manager setting things up and I’m not sure how that’s done. What AT commands should I run to get that information?

Please show the output of the following commands

AT+QCFG="usbnet"
AT+QCFG="nat"
AT+QCFG="nat/cid"

Here is the output of these commands:

at
OK
AT+QCFG="usbnet"
+QCFG: "usbnet",1

OK
AT+QCFG="nat"
+QCFG: "nat",0

OK
AT+QCFG="nat/cid"
+CME ERROR: 4
at
OK
AT+QCFG="nat/cid"                                                               
+CME ERROR: 4 

Great, then try

AT+QCFG="nat",1
at+qicsgp=1,1,"your APN"
at+qnetdevctl=1,1,1
AT^RESET

and check your host wwan0 IP - when the modem is in network card mode the host should receive the address from the carrier and not from the modem like it was before. With NAT eliminated your host should be now reachable within your private network.

Thank you very much! It works!