Looking for EM06-E USB driver for Windows 10 IoT ARM64

Hi,

I am looking for a device USB driver for Windows 10 ARM64 (IOT core) “Quectel EM06-E 4G module” .

Currently, The EM06-E automatically connected with driver “Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter” in windows 10 IoT. But device is very unstable which connect to 4G for a while then device drop down then continue over again. So I try to get USB driver from here to fix my issue.

Please share the compatible device driver.

Thanks for helps!
James

ARM_SERMDM_20230528.zip (131.4 KB)

You can try it.
And please set the modem to MBIM mode.
AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,2

Hi, thanks for your reply.

After successfully install the driver by execute the Batch file “Setup” in driver folder, EM06-E still connect with “Generic Mobile Broadband Adapte”. The serial port for AT command also not show up too.

Seems like the EM06-E didn’t match to the new driver. Can you give me a help with this ?

Thanks
James

Yes it seems that it only support the modem with PID 0125/0800.
You could add the VID PID of the EM06 into it, but I am afraid it won’t help.
What is the company name? And what is the firmware version?
I am afaid i need apply for it.

Hi,

Thanks for reply again. Refference the information in below. Please give further help for EM06-E driver.

In addition, does this issue may caused by this module too old ? if any M.2 B key usb interface LTE module already confirm support for Win10 IoT arm64, please share for me.

My company name: avalue
Processor:NXP® i.MX8M Quad ARM Cortex A53 Quad Core Up to 1.5GHz
BSP:NXP BSP Package 1.5.0

Thanks
james

That is not a old product.
By default there is no arm64 win10 driver. The driver I sent is for another customer who used the Quectel RM500Q.

Hi,

Oh i see. Is possible that helps me to send request about arm64 win10 driver to your team ? Appreciate your help !

Thanks
James

Please wait.Are you in Taiwan?

Yes correct. I will wait for your feedback. If you have any roughly schedule for me will appreciate that.

Thanks
James

ARM_SERMDM_20240508.zip (128.1 KB)

Please try it.

Hi,

After install the driver “ARM_SERMDM_20240508” the COM port show up. Also I use putty connect to AT COM port and type in AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,2.

But the device drop issue still exist. The device drop down also make COM port disconnect.

I forgot to mentioned that we use USB 3.0 hub connect to EM06-E. We also have yocto based system but without above issue.

Can you helps me to find the root cause about this device drop issue ?

Thanks
James

Thereis not problem with the driver.
Please check
AT+QCFG=“servingcell”
AT+COPS?
AT+CGREG?
AT+CGACT?

And please click it.

Please check whether there is internet interface and whether the internet interface got the IP.

The icon should be like this.

Hi

Please check below screenshot. Seems like command AT+QCFG=“servingcell” got ERROR return!

System got both internet interface and IP.

Sorry. I misunderstand it.
So the problem you mean is the usb disconnection.
It is hard to find why it is. And in most cases, it has something to do with the hardware design.

Is it with the same EVB?

Hi

Current issue is EM06-E repeatly connect to 4G for few minutes then shotdown. Just like continuous plug in and pull off device.

Yes. Both yocto and win10 was verify in same EVB. So the issue is low possibility come
from hardware design I think.

By the way, I use “HUAWEI E3372h-607” LTE USB stick to verify my SIM card. Seems like it run as “Remote NDIS” and without any issue. Below screenshot is connected to HUAWEI dongle.

Can you guide me to set EM06-E to RNDIS mode to make a try ?

Thanks
James

No. Please don’t do it.
The Quectel modem support RNDIS, but the driver don’t support RNDIS. If set the modem to rndis mode, you need another Windows driver. Otherwise the USB serial port is not available.

If you must try the RNDIS mode, you need uninstall the driver I sent.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

1. Can you please helps me to request RNDIS mode driver for test.

2. Did you have any advice for tracking this issue ?

Thanks
James