LC29H (EA) Position Accuracy PQTMEPE not supported? How to read accuracy on RTK module

Hello,

Since i wanted to evaluate the Quectel LC29H GNSS modules for RTK, the choice was made for the EA variant instead of the DA because of the 10Hz output (instead of 1Hz). In my opinion this an extended DA version with a faster update rate.

However, when i look in the GNSS specification, I see that the following command is not supported:

PQTMEPE - Outputs the estimated positioning error.
Note: LC29H (EA) does not support this message.

How can it be that an RTK GNSS with the purpose of a very high precision output does not have a report message about the accuracy (2D and 3D) of the position fix? Does the DA version support this?

If not, what parameter could I read to give me the best possible estimation of the accuracy?

With kind regards,

Mathijs

P.S. my firmware is: $PQTMVERNO,LC29HEANR11A02S_RSA,2023/02/07,15:24:42*2D

Hi Mathijs,

LC29HE supports PQTMEPE to output estimated error since LC29HEANR11A03S_RSA,2023/10/31. I will send you the latest firmware via message.

Send: $PQTMCFGMSGRATE,W,PQTMEPE,1,2*1D → enable PQTMEPE. Take effect once the command is sent successfully.

Send:$PQTMSAVEPAR*5A → saving PQTM configurations. The PQTM settings won’t be erased by reset or power off.

Best regards.

Hello @Raphael-Q

I have purchased from MIKROE the version with LC29HEA.
Can you send to me also the latest firmware for it? So I’ll start my evaluation correctly.

Another question, the module starts at 10Hz, update rate, can be also set to RTK 1Hz?

Thanks
BR
Carlitos

Dear Raphael!

Thank you very much for your quick and helpfull reply. The software update fixed the enabling and usage of this command!

Kind regards,

Mathijs

Hi Carlitos,

LC29HEA supports only 10hz.

I will send you the latest firmware via message.

Best regards.

Hi Raphael,

I am also evaluating an LC29HEA which has the older firmware (2023/02/07) Is it possible to get the latest firmware from you?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim, thank You for implementing and improving the support for rtk. I hope that the staff will take the opportunity of a great collaboration opportunity with your great experience in the GNSS world.
Thanks again for your great work all these years.

Hi Tim,

I will send you the latest firmware for LC29HEA via messgae.

Best regards.