LC29H -DA and BS module configuration and latest firmware with documentation

Bonjour Paulo,

You mentioned that you didn’t have GPS. Do you mean that you didn’t have a valid fix from LC29HDA? Did you test LC29HDA in open sky scenario?

I will send you EVB user guide via message and you can refer to the procedure about setting up ntrip.

Besides, please confirm the firmware version on your device by sending: $PQTMVERNO*58.

If you see "$PQTMTXT,1,01,01,03,This version is not licensed, please
contact FAE.*7C " from serial output, please contact with me again. And I will send you activation code.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi Carlitos,

The recommendation of antenna is written in Hardware Design document. I will send it to you via message.

Best regards.

Bonjour, merci pour votre aide. J’ai essayé la commande $PQTMVERNO58 et rien c’est passé, ntrip fonctionne sur QGNSS je reçois aussi les satellites tout à l’air de fonctionner c’est juste dans mission planner que ça fonctionne pas . Vous pouvez me dire c’est quoi FAE7C? MERCI D’AVANCE

Hello again)
I set up LC29HBS with good GNSS antenna but I still have some issues with postprocessing of RTCM-data… Work in progress.
I`m sure that firmware of the base is pretty old, that is what PQTMVERNO shows (more than year old):
ver
Can you please send me the updated firmware please for BS?

Hello @george.gao,

I would like to get the latest software for the BS as well.
I have the same as Vlad.

thanks
KR
C

In addition, I have some difficulties with establishing RTK mode with LC29HBS and LC29HDA. I set up LC29HBS as CORS, with good sky visibility and connect it to SNIP caster software as serial stream. Next, I assigned ECEF-coordinates (obtained with PPP-AR) to base through QGNSS software. But with LC29HBS connected to SW Maps app on the phone I get RTK Float only (with also clear sky, small baseline and excellent connection to caster), with quite bad accuracy of 8 to 10 meters. LC29HDA work with default NMEA output, I did not change any of configuration. But I still can get Fix in QGNSS software (is it real…?). Maybe someone here used SW Maps with LC29HDA with LC29HBS base? Where I go wrong? I see that SW Maps have instrument list, I used “SW Maps GNSS”. We also can add own model, but it require settings “Connection commands (one per line)” and “Disconnection commands (one per line)”, but I think that problem not there.

Thanks!

Hi vlad_popov & carlitos18
The latest version of LC29HBS is LC29HBSNR11A01S.
I will send you the protocol document of LC29HBS via message. You can refer to the protocol documentation.

My LC29H(BS) recently started send garbage messages.
I sent $PQTMRESTOREPAR and that stopped the garbage and all other messages.
I tried to set $PAIR432 434 and 436 and sent $PQTMSAVEPAR. $PAIR433 435 and 437 say all the parameters have been set but when I power cycle and check, the changes have not been set.
I hope that reflashing the firmware might fix my problem. I think it has the latest firmware.
$PQTMVERNO,LC29HBSNR11A01S,2023/02/13,10:14:06*27
I would also like protocol document.
Thank you

Hi JCH
“I tried setting $PAIR432 434 and 436 and sent $PQTMSAVEPAR”.
In this step, please send the commands “$PAIR382,1*2E” and “$PAIR513*3D” instead of $PQTMSAVEPAR.

Thanks for the rapid reply George.
I set 432,434 and 436 to 1 and had to set 436 twice and they all set, but I am not receiving a fix or any messages. I can see the Signal Level just fine.

Hi JCH
LC29HBS outputs MSM4, ephemeris and 1005 messages by default.
If you want to switch to MSM7, just send the PAIR432 command. Then save the configuration.
If you are using the QGNSS tool and want to see the output data, open the Binary Data window as follows.

If you are not using QGNSS. You can download QGNSS from the download link.
QGNSS_V1.10_CN | 移远通信 (quectel.com.cn)

Got it.
Thank you so much George.

Thank you! So we have the up-to-date firmware, got it. But I still have issues with establishing regular RTK-mode. I obtain Fix from time to time on LC29HDA, but I never obtain an accuracy of positioning in RTK. I checked messages in according to protocol, everything seems OK. Do you have some guide for proper establishing RTK with LC29HBS and LC29HDA? I will quite appreciate for it.

Is my LC29HDA sw version maybe outdated?

Hi vlad_popov
I will send you the latest firmware via message.
Please provide clear pictures of the LC29HBS and LC29HDA modules. I will see how you operate them.

I have an issues to get a LC29HBS module working. I get only $PAIR010 messages and never a fix.

Any ideas what is going on?
Thanx

Hello,

it’s working, BS is only RTCM output and the Binary DATA is reporting RTCM populated.

Thanks,
Regards
C

Thank you C
I was wondering if $PQTMCFGSVIN,W,1,3600,0,0,0,0 needs a kind of fix, because I never got a result…

My LC29HDA module arrived today. I got this version:
$PQTMVERNO,LC29HDANR11A01S_RSA,2023/03/02,12:43:39*21
Could somebody send me the latest firmware?
Thanks

Hi intimo
I will send you the latest firmware via message.

Hi,
ı’m trying to do LC29HAA BS mode but I can’t find firmware anywhere. Could you send me this firmware so I can update it ?