Firmware/AT commands RM521F-GLEA

Yes. That firmware is what I need. I have to reinstall the firmware. Do understandstand?

Please send me the firmware

@silvia Can you share the AT commands (if different from other RM52X modems) to set LANIP range. The current method that results in an ā€œOKā€ result does not actually change the range:
AT+QMAP=ā€œLANIPā€,IP_start_range,IP_end_range,Gateway_IP,1

I have tried with both the ,1 and ,0 and perform a reboot and the default range remains (from memory 192.168.225.70,192.168.225.220,192.168.225.1)

Also are there any AT commands to set prefered order of band connections? I know how to band lock, but would like to know if we can set for example PCC=41 SCC=25 SCC=71 if that makes senseā€¦

Thanks,
m1xmstr

If you can send an updated firmware: m3xmstr777@gmail.com

Dear @m1xmstr
For AT+QMAP=ā€œLANIPā€, there are the same.
Please share AT command of your configuration and query response.
I tested on my side, it worked fine.

There donā€™t have any AT commands to set prefered order of band connections.
For the latest firmware, please contact with your provider to get it.

Yeah not sure why mine wonā€™t take:

Dear @m1xmstr
I will check internally and give feedback later.

1 Like

I also need the firmware file for the RM521F-GL

Quectel
RM521F-GL
Revision: RM521FGLEAR05A02M4G

I asked both vendors that I purchased the module from for the firmware file and both direct me back to Quectel support.

I need to clear configuration through fresh firmware flash OR
get an AT command that will reset module back to factory settings.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Dear @m1xmstr
I checked internally, this issue had fixed now, the next official firmwre is under process.

Dear @bluescreen
Actually, flash or an AT command just can restore some configurations, it canā€™t back to factory seetings.

Looks like you are trying to set a single IP. Try
AT+QMAP=ā€œLANā€,192.168.225.33
Then reboot with ADB shell reboot or AT+CFUN=1,1
Edit: Saw your other post, looks like it really is just a 521 problem :thinking:

For those of us who like to mess with ADB
and run custom binaries on the OpenLinux system on the module a firmware zip for Qflash would be helpful.

Firmware flash removes a lot of changes or additions that can be done via ADB in case of a mistake or issue.

Lots of modules are purchased through Aliexpress or Alibaba where there really is no support. Thatā€™s why we ask here.
Please send me a PM with RM521FGLEAR05A02M4G_01.200.01.200.zip

Thank you!!

3 Likes

First and foremost absolutley love your GitHub ~ I hope you have the time to update for the new RM521F firmware stuff when applicable.

Itā€™s weird so I can set that LAN and it says ā€œOKā€ and when I set DMZ to that IP my mesh router after the Mcuzone 2.5Gb ethernet device does in fact get the LAN IP I set. So for now itā€™s working fine for what I am trying to do with it.

Again huge thank you for your write up and documentation on the ā€œquectel-rgmii-configuration-notesā€

No worries. It was just a continuation of Nateā€™s original work. I just refined it and organized it all. Take a look at the guide again. Thereā€™s a section that talks about manually configuring the DHCP by editing files over adb. Itā€™s something that Nate originally wrote, I left it in there but pushed it to the bottom since we have AT commands for that now. Wellā€¦ sounds like not on the 521 yet :rofl:
Toolkit is fully compatible with the 521. Iā€™m surprised you arenā€™t just using straight passthrough with mpdn rule. Iā€™m pretty sure if you turn off IPPT nat (I call it the final stage of IPPT lol) ipV6 will passthrough too. I havenā€™t tested it yet though. Doing that causes you to loose local access to the gateway address on VLAN0 though. In theory if you had tailscale installed you would be able to access it still that way.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve experimented with the real IPPT and got it to work, but when I would run a traceroute I still would see a double NAT (even losing the GUI method) and for now the current setup allows my wifeā€™s work VPN to work (knock on wood 4 days so far no issues).

I realize I could turn my mesh setup off of router but with young kids the router features for bed time work great. I did contemplate going that route and having my pi hole(s) handle DHCP :shrug: might mess around more soon and report back.

I can confirm that Tailscale method does work but I also created a soft link so I can run AT commands (basically just took the simple admin script and put it in a different directory *need to mount / writeable then turn back to RO when done) and run option 1 for AT commands.

My current setup is a Waveform 4x4 in the garage rafters using KMR400 cables to the Mcuzone 2.5 box with a RM521F on T-Mobile home Iā€™m getting 400-500Mb down and 40-90Mb upload.

I run a cron job on one of my Linux VMā€™s every hour to log the speeds and public IP.

Happy to share the cron script if anyone wants it.

Sweet! Iā€™m a big fan of the QuWireless antennas from Poland. They have 600-6000mhz 4x4 directional and Omni directional antennas. They are all waterproof and can be custom ordered. I order mine with an RJ45 bulkhead and MHF4 connectors inside. Later I added a USB C bulkhead and dual SIM extender bulkhead. Thereā€™s plenty of room in the directional antennaā€™s openable enclosure to place the MCU zone board and modem directly inside. Now that MCU came out with a PoE version of the board you shouldnā€™t need a PoE splitter either!

1 Like

Iā€™ve always assumed Iā€™d still have a double NAT at least because of carrier CGNAT. Do they assign the modem an external IP directly on that plan? I knew you could request a static IP on the business plan. Someone was talking about that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobileisp/s/omKJ0o6Er2

1 Like

Yes I saw that too and thatā€™s when I stopped messing with it. I know when I tried both IPPT methods (the AT+QETH=ā€œrgmiiā€,ā€œENABLEā€,1,1 as well as the ```
AT+QMAP=ā€œMPDN_ruleā€,0,1,0,1,1,ā€œFF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FFā€ method) I could get the public IP to show as my WAN IP so I assumed both methods actually do the IPPT but I was always double NAT I assume because of the CGNAT deal. I did see somewhere on this forum that using the USB C port can actually achieve a single NAT but the 2 USB C to Ethernet adapters i tried were not recognized and truth be told I didnā€™t put any more effort into figuring out how to make them.

I am currently using LocalXpose for tunneling since with a double NAT ddns doesnā€™t work. I heard any VPN that can do tunneling should also work, but LocalXpose worked for me for now.

Please PM me a copy of the latest firmware for RM521F-GL

Please email me the latest firmware/driver for the Windows 11/10/ firmware upgrade tool for RM521F-GL module, Thanks and Best Rgds

Email: zpy3@live.com

@silvia:

Iā€™d also appreciate the documents for the CA-combinations as well as the AT-commands.

@silvia

hello Silvia,
Could i possible have the latest firmware for RM521F-GLEA and also the documents about CA-Combinations as well as the AT-Commands
email: axelrubini@gmail.com
thanks