eSIM - AT-Command set

Hello

According to this document, the support for eSIM at the AT-Command level has been added on some modules. One of them is the EM160R.
https://forums.quectel.com/uploads/short-url/aCFNp1v9fRZtWU9mucGbJy3N0rq.pdf

Now I have some questions.

Q1: Are those eSIM specifique commands supported on the EM160R with firmware version EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G ?

Q2: There is a list of eSIM specific AT Commands in the document, but there is no description of the parameters. Especially for the command AT+QESIM=“add_profile”, AT+QESIM=“def_svr_addr”, AT+QESIM=“lpa_enable”… Could you please provide a more detailed description (paramters) of ALL the commands please.

In another topic there is this eSIM QR code as example. If we read this QR code, we get that string:

LPA:1$dptest.linksfield.net$C0C3D-2BH7J-0VMF8-RY2VS

Which is actually composed of:
LPA:1 → the registration protocol
dptest.linksfield.net → registration server
C0C3D-2BH7J-0VMF8-RY2VS → activation key

OK. But how will the AT commands look like ???
Will it look like this?

AT+QESIM=“lpa_enable”,1
AT+QESIM=“def_svr_addr”, dptest.linksfield.net
AT+QESIM=“add_profile”, C0C3D-2BH7J-0VMF8-RY2VS

EdoqsAE

Q3: After provisioning the eSIM, how do we switch from SIM Slot 1 or 2, to the eSIM profile???
The AT+QUIMSLOT seems only to allow to switch from slot 1 or 2, but not to the one stored in the eSIM.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
Answer to Question 1: support.
Answer to Question 2: Sorry, we have not issued a complete AT+QESIM document for the moment, we suggest that you can use AT+QESIM=? View the range of parameters the directive can use to select.
Answer to Question 3: To switch SIM card 1 and SIM card 2, you need to connect the Usim_det pin of EM160 module hardware to the CD pin of the corresponding card slot. Otherwise, the module does not support hot swap. After you send the AT command to switch SIM card, You need to restart the module or send AT+CFUN=0 and AT+CFUN=1 to switch SIM cards and identify SIM cards.

@Kerr.Yang-Q , is there already a complete AT+QESIM document?

Hi @Tantalum @vmasip
EG25-G currently does not support AT+QSIM instruction.
Are there any authentication requirements?
I have listed the relevant instructions about AT+QSIM instruction in screenshot, please refer to it. If you encounter any problems in use, please contact me.

Ok. So which are the steps to use these commands?
I guess the first one is this:

What’s the board I should buy then?

Afterwards, for getting the parameters,you recommend this:

But see my answer to your this post you wrote:

This is my answer:

1 Like

Hello, I would like to provide you with a document related to esim profile file, which contains both the introduction of relevant AT instructions and the whole operation flow chart for your reference. I hope it will be helpful to you, thank you.

Quectel_EC25_Series&EG21-G_ eSIM_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0.0_Preliminary_20220930.pdf (476.7 KB)

Hello,

Is there a newer version of this document? the commands are recognised by the firmware i’m using but I only get errors.

example:

Its not clear to me if EG21-G has an integrated eSim or it needs an external one.
If it needs an external one would an esim like st4sim-200m support 3.1. External Network Mode?

1 Like

Months later I still waiting the answer for this.

1 Like

@vmasip @TomK @R.La @Kerr.Yang-Q Here is a thread about asking which Quectel models support e-SIM: Which Quectel modems have eSIM / eUICC functionality? Do Quectel models have different levels of e-SIM support? How use e-SIM? . I hope to get clarified soonest which 4G and 5G modules have e-SIM support now.