BG95M3LAR02A03 Firmware update

Hello. When I plug the GSM

module to PC USB port, QFlash app shows three different ports. Named respectively 3,4,5. Why? I need to upgrade firmware with QFlash. I have QFlash.
My second problem related to update is .mbn files. This is a part of Quectel_QFlash_User_Guide pdf to upgrade firmware. I have new firmware version-BG95M3LAR04A03_01.201.01.201. I don’t have the first and the second .mbn files in the update folder.
Please help me

Hi @Minaye_Kerimova

1. for upgrade port you need select DM port, you can check in device manager.
  2. This document based on ECxx series module ,not the same with BGxx series, so please ignore this.
1 Like

Thank you for instant reply. The second answer was not clear to me. Because In the picture, I see BGxx after ECxx.

please share a screen shot

1 Like

The red pattern that I underlined

This is ECxx firmware, its different with BGxx, becasue they are not same platform

BGxx series in update folder should be like this:

1 Like

Thank you, I got you. So, do I have to choose the whole update folder?

You just need enter firehose folder and select the partition.mbn file, then it will load all files to QFLASH, no need do any other.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Hello, we have such an error. We did VDD_EXT & BOOT pins

In the first picture, we selected com port 12. While upgrading process, it’s automatically created this port at the following picture.

The DM port will be auto change as QDLoader port, this is no problem.
But for the error, have you changed firmware packet name as Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Releasexxx?
please do not change fw name.

1 Like

Thank you for an instant reply.

No we have not changed anything.

The version of QFlash is 6.3

what’s this ? can you share the fw path here?

You say that BG95 C:\Users\kerim\OneDrive\Desktop\BG95-m3\Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Release is wrong path? especially Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Release? Because update folder is inside Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Release folder

Yes I’ve created the named Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Release folder and extract all files inside it. I have BG95M3LAR04A03_01.201.01.201.zip and I make an extract all files of the folder to Quectel_BG95M3_Firmware_Release folder that i’ve made

yes, please try without no change fw floder name, just like this:
E:\xxxx\BG95M3LAR02A03_01.006.01.006\update\firehose
And the file path you shown seems too long.

1 Like