[BC95-G ] - scrambled serial monitor data and stuck at CEREG

I am having a similar problem with our BG95 being ‘stuck’ on roaming - albeit not in a way that makes sense::

Through a power cycle the BG95 immediately says it’s on roaming (when a CEREG check is run during it’s initialization), but it is unable to make POST calls (leading be to believe it’s not really connected) and then starts to return CEREG 0,2 for a while, then eventually CEREG 0,4

This condition persists through power cycles - and My initialization AT CMD set has been proven well enough as I have been able to make GET/POST requests etc and connect to roaming normally, though suddenly the chip started exhibiting this odd behavior

I’ve tried different combinations of AT&F, ATZ, and AT&W to try and restore the chip to a fresh profile as I though perhaps it may be ‘stuck’ on a bad setting on something – none of this works.

Also tried AT+QCFG=”nwscanmode”,3 and AT+QCFG=“nvrestore”,0 (suggested here) – These did not work.

The ONLY way I can get my chip back to a known state, (in which my AT commmand initialization routine allows me to connect to the internet) is via AT+QPRTPARA=3 - which according to forums is a quectel ‘internal’ command not listed in manuals, and is extremely unhealthy to use for the chip.

Please Quectel - can you suggest a better method / some insight? Shouldn’t AT&F restore factory settings -------and before you just copy and paste pages from the “AT Commands Manual” that is what I’ve been looking as this whole time!