BG96: AT command to reset non-volatile settings to default?

Hi there!

Commands like at+qcfg=“nwscanseq”,03, at+qcfg=“nwscanmode”,3 and at+qcfg=“iotopmode”,1 change settings that are stored in the BG96 module’s non-volatile memory.

Is there a command to reset the module’s non-volatile settings to a default state? I suspect that I may have corrupted the non-volatile memory and want to reset it so that I can start from a clean slate again.

Thanks in advance,
Pieter
https://piconomix.com

1 Like

Dear piconomix,

You can restore the factory settings with:
AT+QPRTPARA=3

Don’t use too often because it uses intensively Flash and the module at the end can be destroyed

After you execute AT+QPRTPARA=3, all configuration will be erased and overwritten with Factory setting values. For example, when you configure AT+QCFG=”nwscanmode”,3, then AT+QPRTPARA=3, reboot the module and query AT+QCFG=”nwscanmode” value is 0 which is the factory setting value.

1 Like

Hi Picnnomix ,

Pls use at+qprtpara=3 to restore factory setting .

thanks

Hi Leonardus and Stephen,

Thank you for sharing the command. It worked :slight_smile: @Leonardus Thanks for pointing out that it will wear out Flash (that’s important to know!).

Best regards,
Pieter

Generally , AT+QCFG=“nvrestore”,0 is recommended , instead of AT+QPRTPARA=3.

thanks

@Stephen.Li-Q Thanks for sharing the new AT command :grinning: Is there a document that describes these commands?

Thanks in advance,
Pieter

@piconomix

Restore NV is not a normal operation and is not recommended to be used frequently. These two commands are internal commands for R & D, and there is no external document to release . If you really need restore NV, Just do it .

stephen.li Could you tell me any reason :grinning: why AT+QCFG=“nvrestore”,0 is recommended, instead of AT+QPRTPARA=3 ?

This command does not seem to work for BG95. Any idea how to factory reset BG95-M3?

Hi zazas…are you solved the BG95-m3 factory reset