Bad work Quectel EM160R-GL in MBIM/QMI mods

Are you making something to solve em160r problem? There are a lot of forum with costumer with this issue and a lot of them sended back module to seller. Can we know something about? I’m waiting to ship my module back to seller

eSim is supported, but the the eSim chip needs to be soldered on the router board where the EM160R is installed, because the EM160R itself doesn’t have one.

Dear all

At present, we are communicating with Killmistr about this problem in the email.

Dear summer72

At present, we are communicating with Killmistr about this problem in the email.

Problem come back in this time. No matter what firmware you have, it’s the same. My seller on aliexpress don’t reply and i cannot send it back so i opened paypal claim. Quectel have to make something fast

Silvia you have to do something to solve this problem. Your costumer will be appreciate it or they will have to buy foxconn

Hello. I only want to say that my EM12G and EC25AU works very bad and unstable with all ISP I had tested. Always it has disconnecting event to the ISP and never the connection is recovered.
In openwrt I always need to restart the interface or force the networks search from 4G to 3G and again to 4G. After that the modem is reconnected.
On my computer using USB adapter also works bad.

Expensive module quectel to get a shit performance :face_vomiting:

@ summer72
Well that’s not very honest. It’s not your sellers fault, especially if they haven’t stated that they don’t support returns. If Quectel doesn’t request a general product recall, the sellers have no obligation to accept the returns.
Don’t expect a quick fix. Firmware development and testing takes a lot of time, don’t expect a possible fixed firmware before several months.

I remember Sierra Wireless having a CA problem with band B3 on their EM7565. The fixed firmware arrived only 6 months later, not because they did not have the solution, but because they didn’t want to change there development planing.

Sellers on aliexpress always accept returns. This seller is particular.
But so, if i buy something that doesn’t work usually i can return it to seller that will ask to producer to take back a no working item. This heappens with everything you buy from every where in the world.
Now i paid 130 euro for something that at this moment i can use to put under the door to block it.
Who said that is a software issue? We are all sure is an hardware problem and seller has to solve my problem.
This is honest

Any update on this issue?

I’ve noticed it only seems to happen (to me) when carrier aggregation is in play. If I lock to a band that cannot aggregate, I don’t see timeout errors from the modem.

Здравствуйте купил к EM160R -GL антенну от Quectel. Хочу ее использовать как мобильный вариант . Как эту антенну правильно подключить к модему ? На выходы промаркерованы HM, *HM , LMH , LMH#.

Here’s what I’ve found so far.

1. The issue seems to be centered around Production models only, not engineering samples. I have ran into 1 engineering sample with the issue, perhaps it was one of the last batches produced?

2. It’s not a power issue. 5amp adapter made no difference. My situation: Using a WG3526, m-pci to m.2 b-key, this firmware: http://www.aturnofthenut.com/upload/ZBT-WG3526-GO2021-07-07.zip

Exact same carrier exact same SIM, MBIM. Engineering sample no issues. Production modem randomly disconnects with a “Call trace” showing in my log just before the disconnect. Any insight? Anyone else notice the same thing?

Several vendors claim that commercial version em160 modems have received new firmware that fixes the servingcell bug.Do you have any news?

Yeah they sent me firmware A08

Didn’t fix the issue. Same story lol

which version you have, the A08_02 should be out, can you publish it ?

Well, hopefully this is allowed. yeah seems to make that problem go away on openwrt based stuff (only what I have) enjoy.

Remember if you are on verizon be sure to deactivate the mbn and autoselect again after you update firmware.
at+qmbncfg=“autosel”,0 (stop autoselect config on sim detection)
at+qmbncfg=“deactivate” (disable mbn config)
at+cfun=1,1 (power cycle modem)

a07_beta0923:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!atoheixuhqaazewtecyspw5snlc7

The problem was solved. I tested with cellular aggregations: 3-7C, 1-3-7, 7-20, 1-7-20. Tested over 5 days, there was no problems. Thank You for support!
To fix it need to upgrade firmware to EM160RGLAUR02A07M4G_BETA0923.

Hello. What kind of error - lte1 mbim: error: >>> E service: connect, command: connect, error: 12.
The connection is interrupted and the modem is no longer connected to the network until the reboot. The device works in mikrotik rbm33g ROS 7.1.5 firmware EM160RGLAUR02A07M4G_BETA0923_01.001.01.001

On the EG12-EA modem, the same thing happens periodically (the same error).
Turn on the extended log on the advice of the respected AVG, and post the log itself before and after the lte1 dump in a text file here.
avg

write the command in full

/system/logging/add topics=lte action=memory

And how to get back.

/system/logging/disable number= and rule number.
rule number can be seen
/system/logging/print

Well, then with all these results, a request in English to support@quectel.com.

I have RM520N-GL and tried mbim mode it disconnects. I tried qmi protocol or modemmanager module is not detected with 07 firmware. So i had to return to usbmode 0.

I have EM160R-GL with 09 firmware running qmi mode is fine.
Im running openwrt on wg1608