Why some modules are not in quectel list ... ?!

Hi,

May I know why aren’t some modules in Quectel products list ? for instance when I click on products & services, 4G modules ( Both LTE and LTE-A), I can’t find EC200U or EG915 …
1- Can you please tell me the reason ? Why isn’t there EG915 Page or Datasheet in Quectel website ?!
2- I’m going to choose a standard 4G module, Can I pick from the above models or they are not recommended for new designs and this is why you removed it from website … ?!
3- When I search in google, I can find EC200U page in Quectel but when I open the page, there is no technical document to download … !
4- I downloaded “Quectel_Product_Brochure_V7.4” but when I use search in PDF file for EC200U (it contains this word in file) but adobe search says no result ! seems the file is not searchable in fact …

Thanks & Best Regards.

1 Like

Any Help ?!
Can you please answer my questions …

Since there is no answer, I will give my opinion. there are several possible reasons that may explain it: Modules may be obsolete and no longer in production, so they may be removed from the product list.
Modules may not be recommended for new designs, so they may be removed from the product list.
The company may redirect their attention to newer products and not update their website for older modules.
Regarding the selection of a standard 4G module, I recommend contacting a Quectel representative or checking their website for more information on availability and recommendations for selecting a specific module. Regarding the lack of technical information and documentation on Quectel’s website, this could be due to various reasons, such as a product line change, migration of documentation to another platform, or simply a lack of up-to-date information on the website. I recommend that you contact your Quectel representative for more precise information about the available documentation and technical information.

Have you got any info from Quectel side? I am really interested in the answer here if you did?

Apparently the information was not useful, too bad.