Why is my EC25 just don't respond to AT+QGDCONT? and AT+CGPADDR

Hello,

I have multiple EC25 modules and some of the module doesn’t seem to support the same command, and I’m very confused.

We have a device running Linux, and the EC25 and FC20 are connected to it via usb. The current setup we are trying to establish is:

1. the device and all the wifi clients should be in the same single subnet (192.168.25.0/24) and should be able to communicate.
  2. the gateway (192.168.25.1) should establish LTE connection and provide internet to the clients (including the device)

This forum post was helpful to successfully configure this: EC25 FC20 AT+QWIFI Issue

What we did was to issue AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP","XXXX" command and then check for the details with AT+CGDCONT? and AT+CGPADDR. And finally AT+QCFG="usbnet",1, reboot, and AT+QWIFI=1,3

But one of the modules is acting weirdly returning ERROR for AT+CGDCONT and AT+CGPADDR and I don’t know what to make of it. Here is the output:

[root@rk3399:~]# microcom /dev/ttyUSB2
ATI
Quectel
EC25
Revision: EC25AFAR05A06M4G

OK
AT+QCFG="usbnet"?
+QCFG: "usbnet",1

OK
AT+CGDCONT?
ERROR
AT+CGPADDR
ERROR
AT+QWIFI?
+QWIFI: 1,3

OK

Does this command just randomly fail? Is my module faulty? How do I further diagnose the device?

Dear Jesse,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
For your issue, you can check whether the SIM card is normally now, you can change it to have a try. You also can check the difference between the normal module and abnormal module, such as the firmware version, the SIM card…etc. Thanks!

you can check whether the SIM card is normally now, you can change it to have a try.

Do you mean that I should make sure the SIM card does not have any problem? I am using the identical SIM card.

You also can check the difference between the normal module and abnormal module, such as the firmware version, the SIM card…etc.

By “difference between the normal module and abnormal module”, do you mean that I should check if the hardware itself is faulty or not? If so, how should one further investigate? The output of ATI command is posted in my original post (EC25AFAR05A06M4G) which, as far as I understand, should have the information needed for firmware version check.

The problem seems to be consistent, every time I connect the device, it is returning error for AT+CGDCONT? and AT+CGPADDR commands.

Do you have any suggestions other than check my SIM card?

Dear Jesse_Cho,
Thanks for your updating.
For your issue, it is better to check whether the SIM card have the limit to active multi context. Then check whether module firmware version, and you can email to support@quectel.com to get the latest firmware version. And you can check AT+CGDCONT=? and AT+QICSGP=S, AT+QIACT? Thanks!

Here is the output I get from AT+CGDCONT=? and AT+QICSGP=S, AT+QIACT?:

AT+CGDCONT=?
+CGDCONT: (1-24,100-179),"IP",,,(0-2),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-24,100-179),"PPP",,,(0-2),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-24,100-179),"IPV6",,,(0-2),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-24,100-179),"IPV4V6",,,(0-2),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)

OK
AT+CGDCONT?
ERROR
AT+QICSGP=S
ERROR
AT+QIACT?
OK

AT+CGDCONT=? is showing the argument format yet AT+CGDCONT? is returning ERROR.

Firmware version is:

at+gmr
EC25AFAR05A06M4G

Where can I get the information on how to (re)flash EC25?

If you want to reflash the module, please email to support@quectel.com to get the firmware package and upgrade tool. Thanks!