Why doesn't the LC29H(DA) utilize QZSS?

Hello everyone. I’m using LC29H(DA) with QGNSS V1.10. As shown in the attached screenshot, QZSS satellites are being tracked, and the signal strength is strong. However, all QZSS satellites are grayed out and not being utilized. This is the result of measurements taken in a location that is not very good, but the same occurs even in sufficiently good locations. Is there any special setting or configuration required? The firmware version is ‘LC29HDANR11A01S_RSA, 2023/03/02, 12:43:39’. Also, I have an LC29H(AA), and when using this (AA) device, QZSS is properly utilized under the same conditions. Any insights would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Kaz,

Did you test with an EVB or your own design?

I can see from QGNSS that module didn’t acquire azimuth and elevation data from QZSS satellites. The signal level of QZSS is not strong enough, or the azimuth and elevation data are not completely parsed by module.

Can you share the condition on LC29H(AA) in the same senario?

Best regards.

Hi Kaz,

LC29HBA, CA, DA and EA currently don’t parse QZSS satellites, because the DR/RTK algorithm doesn’t filter abnoraml status from QZSS satellites now.

This issue will be repaired in the near future. But from our testing, there is no significant improvement after adding QZSS in the algorithm.

Best regards.

Dear Raphael-Q,
Understood that LC29H(DA) didn’t parse QZSS now. Since I reside in Japan, I hope that QZSS will be usable through a firmware update. I will wait eagerly, so please take care of it. Thank you very much in advance.