What is the latest firmware for RM500Q-GL?

OK,already sent your mail, please check,thanks!

I would like to get the last firmware for the RM500Q-GL, please.
Rev: RM500QGLABR10A01M4G

rodrigo.jerez95@gmail.com
R&D Engineer
Spain

Hello Rodri,
Already replied you via mail, you can check,thanks!

Hello,

I’m looking for the latest software for this card too (should I tell mine is RM500QGLAAR01A01M4G_BETA_20200619F :-)).
Could someone send it to me by email?
With the update procedure (linux?) and, maybe, the log between versions.

Thanks,
JM

Dear Jmarc,
it is old ES sample, please check with your distributor and they can provide to CS samples to you.Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you reply, but when you talk about ES vs CS, is it about hardware or software? sorry for this question, I didn’t caught you talk about Eng Samples :blush:
Also, because it can take time to get a new card, is new software running on ES?
Anyway, I’ll ask our distributor.

KR,
JM

Hello!

We just bought a RM500Q module for testing , we are running Linux to control it , actual firmware is:
Quectel RM500Q-GL
Revision: RM500QGLABR11A02M4G

would you please provide the latest firmware and instructions on how to update it under Linux?

Company Name: QIN Technology SpA

Thanks!!
Raul

Thanks for your question, already talk via mail, thanks!

Hello Peter,

My RM500Q-GL has firmware RM500QGLABR10A02M4G.
Could you please share the latest firmware for this modem module?

Company name: Aerie Farm & Ranch
hlmpwm@yahoo.com

Thank you

Dear Monty,
Thanks for your question, in order to better support you, please answer below questions.

• Located city:

• Project name (so we can refer to it in the future):

• Application type:

• Estimated Annual Units (for series production):

• Project timeline:

• Current status:

• From which distributor do you buy Quectel modules & EVB kits?

• Do you have EVB kit for this application?

Hello @Peter.Zhu-Q,

I`ve got the RM500Q-AE with the firmware version RM500QAEAAR11A02M4G. Is there a newer version available and if so, could you please share it with me?

I am working for an university in Germany.
Thanks!

Dear Sir,
It is the latest firmware version, kindly note it, thanks!

Hi @Peter.Zhu-Q ,
I am working in RM500Q-GL (serial number:35804e4d), Could you please share the latest firmware for this modem module?

Thank you very much.

Dear Chen,
Could me take a picture of your module and send me the current firmware version of your module by sending ATI command?Thanks!

Hi @Peter.Zhu-Q ,

Following is our HW module, and I followed Quectel_LTE&5G_Linux_USB_Driver_User_Guide_V2.0.pdf file to copy qmi_wwan_q.c to [KERNEL]/drivers/net/usb/ folder and modified Makefile content in the same path. But after building the image(Openwrt), it can’t generate qmi_wwan_q.ko(only generate qmi_wwan.ko file) at the Linux kernel folder. And can not find the cdc_wdm0 device in the /dec folder.
Is this the firmware error or is our qmi driver not correctly?

Thank you very much.

It has nothing to do with the firmware, you can try to use the qmi_wwan_q.c file to replace the qmi_wwan.c file, and recompile kernel to see if there is other problem.

Hi @Isaac.Wang-Q
Thanks for your reply, I will use qmi_wwan_q.c file to replace qmi_wwan.c and rebuild it. Is this file qmi_wwan_q.c correct?
qmi_wwan_q.zip (16.8 KB)

Thanks.

Yes, and it the latest version of qmi_wwan_q driver.

@Isaac.Wang-Q
Can you send me the latest firmware?
email address is asuna@kiri.to

RM500Q-AE
Revision: RM500QAEAAR11A02M4G

Probably it´s better for Quectel to make their firmware more accesible for users, now everybody is begging for it via email.
Request file access via Quectel site to register is also not answered by Quectel.
Not a very good supports at all.