What are the normal AT echoed results that appear when booting the BG95M3 modem

When I boot my modem, I was hoping that the modem would printout/echo the same AT command results when booting. This sequence appear most often (line is an empty echoed line from modem on ttyUSB2):

modem restart

line
line
line +CPIN: READY
line
line
line
line +CFUN: 1
line
line
line
line +QUSIM: 1
line
line
line
line +QIND: SMS DONE
line
line
line
line APP RDY

, but sometimes I get an additional line

modem restart

line
line
line +CPIN: READY
line
line
line
line +CFUN: 1
line
line
line
line +QUSIM: 1
line
line AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
line
line +QIND: SMS DONE
line

and as in the above situation sometimes the line “APP RDY” is missing. I would like to have a firm point when I know the modem has booted and I can start issuing AT commands. I was hoping that “APP RDY” would be that point but sometimes the line is missing. I am running BG95M3LAR02A03_01.017.01.017.

Hi @jsandstrom

Could you please try with MAIN UART port? if still happened this ?

I have mapped the modem main UART port to /dev/ttySTM1 (st serial1 in dts), but I don’t see anything on the port (I use cat /dev/ttySTM1) when I reset the modem. Do I need to cfg any AT port or mirroring of AT info in the modem? Should the modem main UART alwasy mirror any AT info? cat on /dev/ttyUSB2 modem port works fine though. I have added a modem watchdog that retries to restart modem (AT+QPOWD=0 and then enable/reset it again) if it fails to start, so it is not a blocking issue.

Please try with AT+QURCCFG command to set URC report to MAIN UART.

1 Like