Voice Over USB + VoLTE + RM502Q-GL

Dear all,

i’ve followed the Quectel_EC2x_EG9x_Voice_Over_USB_and_UAC_Application_Not_V1.0.pdf to enable UAC on my RM502Q-GL (fw version: RM502QGLAAR11A02M4G).

Using AirScreen tool, on the DIAG port I can see that VoLTE is successfully registered, but if i’m trying an inbound call I got:

• SIP Invite
  • SIP 100 - Trying
  • SIP 486 - Busy Here

So looks like that the module itself doens’t permit to answer the call. I’ve also tried to put it in WCDMA mode, and still no way to get a call. Trying an outgoing call with ATD command give me “NO CARRIER” error (both LTE/CS mode).

Interesting part is that and incoming call (both LTE/CS mode) doesn’t generate “RING” urc on AT port.

May i’m missing something special, or is a problem of the firmware that i’m running?

Thanks in advance

Dear @stich86
Please query firmware via AT+QGMR.

Hi Silvia,

sorry for late reply, here is the output of AT+QGMR command:

RM502QGLAAR11A02M4G_01.001.01.001

@silvia any news?

thanks

Dear @stich86
Do you install the driver? Please don’t follow the steps of LTE module. They have different AT command.
Interesting part is that and incoming call (both LTE/CS mode) doesn’t generate “RING” urc on AT port.
=>For this, you need to check the urc port via AT+QURCCFG=“urcport”.

Your firmware didn’t the latest firmware, please contact with your provider and get the latest one.

@silvia

This module was got by Aliexpress, is it possible to you to share latest firmware?

Thanks

Dear @stich86
It is better to contact with them firstly.

Hi @silvia ,

i want to start experiment again with this module and Voice.
Do you have update documents to enable it? Because you said that commands are different from LTE variant.

Thanks

@silvia

I did that command and output was only this:

+QURCCFG: "urcport","usbat"

Then i’ve tried to do:

AT+QURCCFG="urcport"
+QURCCFG: "urcport","all"

Also Voice and Service Domain are set:

AT+QNWPREFCFG="voice_domain"
+QNWPREFCFG: "voice_domain",3

AT+QNWPREFCFG="srv_domain"
+QNWPREFCFG: "srv_domain",2

But still same problem. VoLTE is registered, but when I call the SIM I got 486 busy

Pls let me know if this module can be used and how with voice

Thanks

@herbert.pan-Q @silvia @Kyson @Kerr.Yang-Q

Any help? If this module cannot support it, just tell me…

I’ll move to another vendor in that case :frowning:

looks like same behaviour for RM520N

So… just to understand and have an official reply from Quectel: Does these modules support voice?
IMS is registering, UAC can be enabled, but module refuses to receive/make calls…

Thanks

so after I got RM502QGLAAR11A02M4G_01.200.01.200 from a friend, the module now generate the correct output but… when an incoming call is received (over VoLTE) ATA command doesn’t work.

If i switch voice domain over CS Only with the command AT+QNWPREFCFG="voice_domain",0 it will respond…

and UAC is not working as expected, no audio is coming from the NMEA port

what the hell :\

another test… in CS mode, after answer i’ve tested AT+QLTONE=1,1000,200,300,3000 that should send DTMF tone, but no signal on remote party

looks like that audio is not working as expected, same problem from another topic: RM502 sends always zeroes to o PCM stream

it’s a bug (hope not a feature) :smiley:

@Duncan.Xu-Q may be you can help…

Hi Stich86,

if you want test DTMF tone in a voice call, you can try AT+VTS command, thx.

Hi @Duncan.Xu-Q

As I’ve said, I tried that command but there is no audio (in both way)

And in VoLTE mode isn’t possible to answer any call… there is a bug in that firmware for sure (01.200 build)