View cell id's of neigbour cells

I’ve been looking at the paramertes of neighbourcells using the AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” command, but cant get it to display the cell id’s (which is what I need). Is there a way to show the cell Id’s of neighbourcells?
Thanks.

Hello Angus,

For LTE neighbour cell it can only display PCI. Cellid is only available in servingcell. Cellid is carried in SIB1 messages, and module won’t receive SIB1 meesgaes from neighbour cells.

Hello,

Please share more details how can I determined cell ID or locate cell using info fetched by "AT+QENG=“servingcell” or “AT+QCELLINFO?” ?

if any other method pls share !!!

+QENG: "servingcell",<state>,"LTE",<is_tdd>,<mcc>,<mnc>,<cellid>,<pcid>,<earfcn>,<freq_band_ind>,<ul_bandwidth>,<dl_bandwidth>,<tac>,<rsrp>,<rsrq>,<rssi>,<sinr>,<cqi>,<tx_power>,<srxlev>

<cellid>	Cell ID. The parameter determines the 16-bit (GSM) or 28-bit (UMTS) cell ID. Range: 0-0xFFFFFFF.
<pcid>		Physical cell ID.
<tac>		Tracking Area Code

Locating the cell geographically requires the use of a cell locator site. These aggregate data from cellular devices active in the field, and average positions based on that accumulated data.

You’ll also need the <mcc>, <mnc> and <tac> for the location lookup.

OpenCellID is an example of such a site.

The sector ID is the rightmost two digits of the hex cell ID.

The eNB ID is the leading digits up to the sector ID.

I find it very useful when finding locations to also look for other cells with the same eNB ID as the target cell. You can generate those potential cell IDs by altering the sector ID.

The LTE eNB ID identifies the tower.

1 Like

Tried "opencellID ", i got cell not found !!

OpenCellID works on decimal values. Did you convert the TAC and cell ID to decimal?

Yes!

MNC & MCC as it is …
TAC and cellID converted to Decimal !

Yes, MCC and MNC values are always BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) numbers.

It’s usually worth also trying cell IDs +2, +1, -1 and -2 away from the one you want. If any of those are found, they’ll give you a much better idea where the tower itself is.

That’s because a single cell ID likely belongs to a sector (a directional antenna on the tower). As such, it identifies the average position of devices in one direction alone.

Include other sectors (there are usually three), and you’ll get a better idea where the tower is (towards the average of the locations found).

Ok !

will try and revert !\