Upload Carrier Aggregation RM520N-GL

Right now my CA are as follows Band 41+1+3
i get good download speed, problem is upload is so weak.

if i disable band 41, upload goes up to 35mbps however i will sacrifice lower download speed only around 80 mpbs.
Question: is carrier aggregation only applicable to download or eitherway? is this firmware issue or i need to change firmware? Thanks for insights

any response from any admin?

My experience with upload speed is it needs a better cellular signal. When the modem is inside the house even though download speed is nearly 200 mbps, upload speed was very poor around 1-3 mbps. When I use outdoor antennas the download speed stays the same more or less but the upload speed becomes 50-100 mbps. Sharing your antennas readings could provide more information if it can be improved upon.

Im using outdoor antennas.

You don’t have 5G in your area?

Dear @Roddel_Fernando
Could you share the connection of antennas?PRX,DRX,MIMO1,IMO2?

For the combination of Band 41+1+3, it only has 4*4 DL MIMO.

before its combination 1+3+41 where i get 50 mbps upload, but now carrier gives me 41+1+3 or 41+3+3 which sucks at upload

im using two (2) of this antenna

don’t know if my doubt is a good point on starting to investigate, but due to differences on mimo antenna rsrp values (on my experiments)i will double check the polarization angle of antenna, i saw it has 50/55° of spectrum, but why not to rotate the antenna, well 84db is not a very good value, and with my quectel i use to see
output: +QRSRP: -74,-80,-75,-78
5db differences when stressed between best and worst one.
take my doubt as a 2 cents one :slight_smile:
i saw your streams, bravo, good place where i took precious infos before choosing my final solution homemade router.

well i did tweak the antenna a little, i noticed it was off angle a little and my ping improved.

im using band 1+3 disabling 41 because it still sucks

Strange… your rsrp values are little bit worst than previous and it work better??
the snr is bad too, 22 to 8 (!) so it could means you have obstacles or interferences in the middle, or distance…maybe the beam width of pointing antenna spectrum is too wide for your distances…please take my words as “it could be”.
i’m using 4 antennas i received with m2 to eth adapter, and when i move them i see upload going down from 50-60mb to 7…
strange things i noticed is the bts ii’m using has a strange behaviour, in the early morning, it gives b3@20mhz+b20@10mhz in ca, with 200mb and 70mb in down and upload, with mimo2 (atqsrp shows 2 antennas used) while during the day i see mimo4 with capped speed to 200 and 70…on advertising, provider shows 700mb and 170mb maximum speed calling it 4g+…miracle marketing??? well, right no, they test with zero users reaching theoretical speed and packet is ready.
at the end i can proudly say tests on bts are the most unpractical and useless thing i found after 25 years of network troubleshooting, so if it works good, next step is let’s try to make it work better, when you reach your peak, remember results…well i selected the “5g” band too on network mode waiting the upgrade of the bts i’m using :slight_smile:

cann we set the primary band? i want band 1 or 3 as primary since it gives me high upload unlike 41 which max 5mbps only

i think QNWLOCK could help you…having 2 bands on bts i’m using, never had necessities…

Dear @Raoul_Ferro
Sorry, we don’t have AT command to primary band.

i fixed one of the antennas when i opened one solder point was detached and reposition antenna. i get good values but band 41 will still give me 5mps max. tower is 1km away

if only i could set band 1 or 3 as primary i would get good uploads

Which modules can aggregate upload?

Dear @Roddel_Fernando
Sorry, no module sypport this feature.