Unable to register network EP06E

Hello, I have a problem with my EP06E module. I can’t get it to connect. I am using qmi in OpenWrt, and my sim card is OK. If I run uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-serving-system I get { "registration": "searching", "plmn_mcc": 214, "plmn_mnc": 7, "plmn_description": "", "roaming": false }
And running uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --start-network internet either gives Unkown error or Failed to connect to service. Sometimes also Out of call error.

I have also checked my apn with AT commands and it’s set accordingly

Dear Toonoch
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forums. Glad to help you.
Can you provide more information to better understand this issue, it maybe need more analysis with QXDM LOG
And Company name and location / project application/ project timeline /which Chanel get the module/ Module FW version, you can send these to support@quectel.com to get local FAE support, thanks.

I don’t think your problem has anything to do with Quectel, it looks like you’re using uqmi incorrectly without client-id wds. Please refer to OpenWrt connection script.

Thanks for the reply. You mean the thing that is in troubleshooting here:https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/wwan/ltedongle ?
Edit: I tried it and it worked. Do I need to run this on every startup for it to work, like putting it on /etc/rc.local?

that should be a part of your connection script

I am using QMI in LUCI like so:

I looked at qmi.sh and the wds thing is already part of it. I’m having this problem of disconnecting maybe every 24 hours as it happened again just now. Disconnecting the router from power and turning it back on fixes it. In LUCI I get NETWORK_REGISTRATION_FAILED or something like that.

That is pretty common and usually have nothing to do with modem or router. It is a mobile carrier who is clearing connections.
If you will use this fw instead of standard OpenWrt then you could configure connection monitoring with modem reconnect.

I was using a phone before with USB tethering, and I didn’t come across this issue. However, the phone probably reconnected automatically. Any way I can do this without ROOTer? In my unit it doesn’t work very well.
I also have another question. How can I set my own DNS instead of the one that is provided with the carrier?

You will need to take care about monitoring and re-connection yourself.

Just ask at their forum.

I installed Rooter and it still doesnt work. I think my carrier is kicking me out every 24 hours

Have you setup connection monitoring with modem reconnect?