UG95A - Unable to register "Global" SIM cards on networks in the US and Mexcio

We are using the UG95A (3G) module in the US and Mexico. When we attempt to use a Global SIM cards the device doe not register with the network (AT&T, T-Mobile) or (Telcel, AT&T - Mexico). When we insert the SIM card into a iPhone it connects. Then, when we remove the same SIM cards and insert it into our device it connects (quite fast). We are using the standard “AT_CREG 0,2” commands.

Looking forward for a quick solution - thank you!

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

The first time registration may take more time. But it should be able to register. It’s better to have a remote session to check.
“Then, when we remove the same SIM cards and insert it into our device it connects (quite fast).” Is the “our device” UG95 or not?

Best Regards,

Willie,

Many thanks for your response. What do you mean by remote session? Do you mean a debugging session? Also, can you confirm to us that we should be using “AT+CREG 0,2” command and not “AT CEREG 0,2” etc.

Please also note, when I inserted the SIM card in my iPhone it connected to LTE. But when we inserted back into the device it did connect to 3G. Therefore, I believe the issue is in the network registration.

***Yes, when I say “our device” it is UG95A. All our IOT devices use only US95A. *** Look forward to your guidance.

Best, Chris

Hi Crhis,

Yes, remote session I meant is debugging session. We can meet in Zoom or Temaviewer. If possible, you can prepare a new global sim card and we can do a live debugging. There could be some issue with network configuration.

Best Regards,

My email is willie.yao@quectel.com