TLS (v1.2) support for Quectel's MC60

Hello Sir. This problem is resolved. Thank you for your support.

Dear Sir,

Now that the required files are uploaded to MC60, can you please share the first steps required to setup TLS based communication in order to publish messages to an MQTT broker. Like, what application note can I refer or which SSL and MQTT AT commands can I combine to realize such such a combination?

Thank you.

Dear Sir,
Please click the following link to download the MQTT application note. Thanks!
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/EQf4_nPum7lLrS25Ts65W1wBTHv9Cw63dEooPBsGVmzajg?e=l50sJ0

Okay Sir. Earlier, I had successfully published messages on an MQTT Broker without TLS. So, with TLS I have to just upload the certificates and follow the MQTT publish sequence, right?

Thank you.

yes, correct. Thanks!

Okay Sir. Thank you.

Hello Sir,

I was able to publish some data on the MQTT broker via Quectel’s MC60 with TLS/SSL protocol. Thank you for your support. I had a few doubts regarding the GSM (MC60) module’s file uploading/writing and the SSL configuration.

Firstly, is there any other method to upload (AT+QFULP) or write (AT+QSECWRITE) the certificate and key files to MC60, like through a microcontroller using ‘embedded C’ language? Or is it like I have to use QCOM only?

Secondly, for SSL configuration, the parameters of ‘AT+QSSLCFG’ and their respective values need to be set every time the module is switched ON or is it like once they are set they will be saved?

Thank you.

Dear Sir,
Please check the following answers to your question.
Firstly, is there any other method to upload (AT+QFULP) or write (AT+QSECWRITE) the certificate and key files to MC60, like through a microcontroller using ‘embedded C’ language? Or is it like I have to use QCOM only?
---->Yes, of course you can use a micro controller to upload the file to module, but you should make sure the file will not modified anything by the micro controller.

Secondly, for SSL configuration, the parameters of ‘AT+QSSLCFG’ and their respective values need to be set every time the module is switched ON or is it like once they are set they will be saved?
—>you can check the setting after power on, if they still take effect, of course you do not need to set again. Normally, if the module always power on without power off, you just need to set one time at the first time. Thanks!

Okay fine. Thank you.

But unlike QCOM how will I be able to Select/Send file via a micro-controller (embedded C)?

Dear Sir,

Earlier I had informed you that I was able to connection and publish some data on an MQTT broker with TLS from Quectel’s MC60. But just after this successful attempt now I am not able replicate those results again, though I have not done any changes I am facing this issue.

The hardware connects to 8883 port (AT+QIOPEN, successful), then ‘AT+QMTOPEN’ may fail to open network (+QMTSTAT:0,2) or it may connect successfully (+QMTSTAT:0,0), then the client connect request has failed for almost every iteration (+QMTSTAT:0,3 or +QMTCONN:0,2 or +QMTSTAT:0,6) FOLLOWED BY PUBLISH message request.

It is very much difficult to understand what must be going wrong here, as it has succeeded once. If you have any suggestions please do share. Thank you.

Also, it was observed that the certificate and key files uploaded or written are not retained in the RAM after switch OFF and ON. I had thought of using NVRAM, but it has 2025 byte size constrain and one my files exceed that limit. You can suggest any different way if possible. Thank you.

Dear Sir,
I think you can try to confirm whether the key files and certificate still take effect, and whether the module register on network successful, and also confirm whether the server have any issues. Thanks!

I have uploaded the files to UFS memory of the module, so this problem is resolved.

Client (MC60 module) connection request to the MQTT broker is still a problem.

Thank you.

Dear Davisual50,
You mean MQTT open request still fail. Have you confirm whether the server have any issues ? If the server also confirmed, i think it is need to catch module’s debug log to confirm the reason.Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your support so far.
I was able to connect the MC60 to the MQTT broker and was also able to upload data to it successfully.

1 Like

Thanks for your updateing.Youcan go on your test. Thanks!