STM32 and RMU500EK communication

Hi, Im trying to send AT commands from a low energy MCU, in my case a STM32F072, to a RM500 module at its evaluation kit, the problem comes when the EK only has an USB port with its own drivers (The module has 3 virtual USB ports) but I want to send the commands throught UART or something similar from the MCU only to the AT port.
Do I need to make my own drivers for the STM32 or how could I send the commands easily from the MCU?

Kind regards, and thank you in advice.

Is the module’s UART port connected to your MCU? You should send AT commands through the module’s virtual USB port, it’s easier.

Yes but I need to send it through the MCU and I dont know how to do it to a virtual port

I will email you a document that you can use to confirm that your connection is working.

Hello,

If your Kit has USB to serial convertor , just bypass it by making some jumper connections or use USB to UART convertor then you do not need to write the driver I guess

Our modules are usually connected to the MCU through USB. When the module USB is recognized, it will generate serval vitual serial ports for users to use.

Yes I verified that the connection through PC is working but now I need to do it through the MCU

My STM32 has a USB port aswell, but I think it can only be used as USB DEVICE and not USB HOST, which is essential when communicating to the RM500 and sending at commands right? and If I want to use this USB communication will I need to write the drivers for the MCU (STM32) basing on the Quectel_RG50xQ&RM5xxQ_Series_USB_Descriptor_Introduction_V1.0.pdf document or is there other way to do it?

What is your connection method like? Can you provide a block diagram? The device I have is like this

I have tha same problem, i want to communicate with a stm32 l476rg mcu via at commands .please send me a suggestion at my email “kostasmoh@gmail.com”.

Thanks in advise ,
Konstantinos

I have the same problem, i want to communicate with a STM32L496G via at commands with Wifi module(ESP8266).please send me a suggestion at my email “[himanshuraut098@gmail.com].

Thanks in advise ,
Himanshu Raut