<state> of AT+QENG="servicingcell"

hi,
Our MT is using RG500Q-GL, and found that the state of AT+QENG=“servicing” is “NOCONN”, but the MT is transmitting and receiving data.
the state shall be “CONNECT”, please clarify it!

NOCONN indicates that the module has entered the idle state. When you send data, the module re-enters the connected state

hi,
the UE is continuously uplink streaming data 7*24, why the state is “NOCONN”, since UE is not in IDLE mode.
please clarify!

But it doesn’t match your description

i just let you understand the use case we are running is uploading streaming data.

and the previous screenshot attached is the log which recorded the connection status of the 5G module.

of course, when UE was in traffic mode, the signals were both directions. as long as traffic is running, the UE is not in IDLE mode, right!

Your description, I am confused, you describe the uplink data is executed by the module?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always understood “CONNECT” to mean a circuit-switched connection, and not the packet-domain equivalent seen on LTE and NR5G.

let’s make it simple!

Our use case is uploading the cam streaming data live through a private 5G network.
The UE is using quectel 5G module.
And we are confusing the state of the Quectcel 5G module is “NOCONN”, when the streaming data is uploading currently via the UE.

Then you explain to me the Quectel 5G module is in IDLE state is normal. Please explain to us, when the state will be “CONNECT”?

Are you just testing on a 5G monitor?

No.

The reason we kept monitoring 5G module, was because some of UEs were disconnected from 5G network, and other UEs were running fine at the same time.

And we recorded all UEs connection state by using AT+QENG every minute.
Found out that the state of 5G modules all displayed “NOCONN”, it was confusing us and no help to run diagnostic of the UEs.

I am also very confused about this event. If you need to figure it out, I suggest you grab the debug log

Please share us how to grab the debug log?
any particular commands or something required?

thanks!

Quectel_Qualcomm 5G Modem Log_Guide and Reference.pdf (632.0 KB)