SC668S android head unit

Hi, as mentioned in my previous post, I have a SPD headunit with a SC668S chip. I noticed the android security update on their firmware is from late 2021. Are there any newer security updates available ?

Also, I would like to root this device using Magisk or any other method that works. I have noticed that the root partition allows read/write access to /system, /data etc.

Also is it possible to extract the boot.img from the spd.img (firmware file, which contains several other .img files). I have tried to mount the image and have tried several other methods to try extract the image. This may be because the update file has a header (ANDROID!). I am also unable to extract the other firmware files for this device which are in .diff format.

Dear, customers:
Security patches can be released to customers. customers should merge the patches into AOSP and build new package. So you need to have our Android source code.
For product, user version is used, there is no root permission, so the device can’t be rooted.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is your android source code available (either Android 11/13) for development?

Hi,
Customers need to apply for SDK after signing NDA and filling in SDK questionnaire…

Thanks.

How do I do this? Thanks

Hi,
In genral, we will proivde NDA file and sdk questionnaire file to company.
But if you are a personal developer, I think it’s a bit difficult.
Thanks.

Hi, Sorry just to confirm is it difficult or not possible? Thanks

Hi,
You can contact local sales or FAE

Thanks.