SC668 head unit - dynamic system updates

Hi, I have noticed that the option for DSU is present on this device. Are GSI images supported for this chip? (bootloader is unlocked)

Also I have rooted the device and would like to include the modified boot.img into the original firmware file “spd.img”. Is there any way to do this? The spd.img seems to contain the other img files (such as boot, recovery, system etc) I tried to mount the img and also extract it, however, I am unable to do this. I think it may have to do with the header ANDROID!. Could you give any tips on how to solve this?

Also I have rooted the device and would like to include the modified boot.img into the original firmware file “spd.img”. Is there any way to do this?
If you modified the source code, you can use the command make bootimage to build a new boot.img

Hi

I am an end user of this device who is trying to root it. I don’t have access to the source code and this is why I’m trying to modify the existing spd.img file.

@KlineMiao If I upload the file, would you be able to take a look at it?

Hi,
In general, developer can burn debug firmware and then can use root permission for debugging. For user version, there is no root permission.

Thanks.

I have already root via Magisk. However, I would like to include this into the update package (spd.img) so that I have a rooted firmware package.