SC66 Yocto support

Hi,
I am wondering if quectel BSP is supporting this device, and if not would meta-qcom a good candidate to bring yocto to this SoC ?

Regards

ps: https://booting.oniroproject.org/distro/oniro/-/merge_requests/378 related effort for whoever is interested

Sorry, SC66 hasn’t been ported with Yocto.

Thanks

Hi thx for feedback,
Is this something achievable with a community effort ?

Any feedback or plan to support Qualcomm KryoTM 260 are welcome

Ideally using meta-qcom reference layer which already support some qcom machines:

Let me crosslink to:

If Yocto is not yet supported what about supporting mainline linux kernel ? is this something planned ?

Note that Snapdragon 660 is already supported since 2020-04-22

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sdm660.dtsi

If not may I ask what is latest version supported for SC66 and where to get sources to look at patches to be ported ?

Sir,there is no plan for porting Yocto Linux on SC66 yet.

Even if dtsi files are available, it does not mean that all kernel patches to sdM660 are complete. In addition, SC66 added some peripherals such as flash on the basis of SDM660, which may not be included in dtsi. As for Yocto Linux, it is not only the Linux kernel that needs to be ported, but also many other parts such as LK, Non-HLOS. bin, HAL libraries and userspce applications. It takes a lot of effort and time. Unless you know that Qualcomm has ported Yocto Linux to the SDM660 and already has a product for it, Quectel have no plan porting Yocto Linux to SC66.

Quectel has no products based on the Qualcomm KryoTM 260 platform till now.

Ok may I then ask which products are supporting yocto (dunfell+ branch) ?

I am asking because oniro project is based on it:

Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about this OS.

Till now, as far I know, there are SA800U(sdm845) SC20(msm8909) SC606T(msm8953) support Yocto Linux.
But, all the yocto branch are based on the master branch from Qualcomm,

The Yocto Version is 1.36.0
BB_VERSION = “1.36.0”

This version may be a bit old, and there are no plans to upgrade to dunfell.

Yes according to
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases#
bitbake 1.36 was released in Rocko branch which is no more supported by project (November 2018).

The reason dunfell is preferred, it’s because it’s LTS. branch supported to 2024.

May I have a a look at supported layers ?
or can you suggest some maintained by community

As shown:
meta-qti-audio-prop
meta-qti-ss-mgr-prop
meta-qti-qsap-prop
meta-qti-bt-prop
meta-qti-drones-prop
meta-qti-location-prop
meta-qti-data-prop
meta-qti-audio-cal
meta-qti-gst-prop
meta-qti-gst
meta-qti-audio-external
meta-qti-gfx-prop
meta-qti-wlan-prop
meta-qti-camera-prop
meta-qti-wfd-prop
meta-qti-avs-prop
meta-qti-core-prop
meta-qti-bsp-prop
meta-qti-display-prop
meta-qti-location
meta-qti-display
meta-qti-camera
meta-qti-video
meta-qti-ss-mgr
meta-qti-qzhost-prop
meta-qti-ros
meta-qti-data
meta-qti-drones
meta-qti-core
meta-qti-bt
meta-qti-wlan
meta-qti-audio
meta-qti-sepolicy
meta-qti-bsp
meta-qt5
meta-ros
meta-quectel-core
meta-quectel-app
meta-ffmpeg-video
meta-selinux
meta
meta-allplay-prop
meta-qti-qsap
meta-allplay
meta-qti-avs

Some of them are from opensource repo .Most of them are from Qualcomm, and some of them are from Quectel.

Codename Yocto Project Version Release Date Current Version Support Level Poky Version BitBake branch
Rocko 2.4 Oct 2017 2.4.4 (November 2018) EOL 18.0 1.36

Sorry. I have to fix my words.
The version should be 2.4. bitbake branch should be 1.36

OK FYI Oniro project is currently based on dunfell and our next rebase will be on kirkstone branch.

You can learn more about its internal and purpose by attending FOSDEM online conference this week/end (2022-02-05…06) but Oniro stand is already open, feel free to join now: