SC20ELSATEA-8GB-STD factory app modem connection not working

Hi all,

I have a SMART-EVB-KIT that houses a SC20ELSATEA-8GB-STD (the Yocto linux version of the SC20 module).

I have already installed the environment on my pc and everything seems fine for now. The problem is that I have connected the evaluation board as stated in the user manual. The screen works fine and I can use some applications (eg GPS), but I cannot make the modem connection work. The sim card works fine on my cellphone, but every modem led remains off. If I try to use the network manager application it tries to connect but the status, net_mode, and net_light LEDs stay off (i know that status and net_mode are disabled by default). Do I need to do something to make the modem work whit the factory firmware?

Can someone tell me what are the module peripherals and their buses (ie what is the modem chipset and is connected through USB or PCIe bus?). There is no lspci command ( i need to install its yocto Linux image in my layer, but I want to be sure that the hardware works on the tea board before flashing my custom firmware…).

Any advice?

Thanks
Alessandro

Hi,dear alegioit,

pls input below commands to feedback to me:

AT+QMBNCFG=“autosel”
AT+QMBNCFG=“list”
ati+csub
at+cversion
at+qfsgversion?
AT+EGMR=0,5
AT+EGMR=0,7
AT+EGMR=0,10
at+qcfg=“hotswap”
at$qcsimapp=?
at+qprtpara=4
at+cimi
at+iccid
at+cpin?
at+cfun?
at+csq
at+cops?
at+cgreg?
at+cgdcont?
AT+CGPADDR
at$qcrsrp?
at+qnvr=1878,0

pls also add my skype for avoiding I did not get later your response due to busy I am.

live:76530067

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify why I need to use AT commands? I was hoping to use the linux serial console…

I will send to you the output of these AT commands asap.

Thanks
Alessandro

Hi,

after various tests I did not understand how to use AT commands: on the main uart connection (J901) I do not have any reply. Maybe there is an application or service to start? I was hoping that on a SC20EL there was something different than AT commands to bring the modem communication on.

On the SC20 documentation provided by Quectel there is no mention of how to bring the modem communication on, where I can ask? I really need to know how to set the apn without use AT commands.

Please help us, we want to use your module in a 2000 - 3000 devices per year!

Hi,
After USB connected, and use UART to send AT command to this modem COM port.
Thanks

Hi, I am sorry, but it is not working.
I am using miniterm on linux. The usb to uart adapter is working (if I try to connect to the debug uart a bash terminal is printed and I can use the bash terminal of the sc20 module. I can communicate through the debug uart port without problem, but nothing happens on the main uart port. In the smart evb user guide is stated that the main uart is disabled by default, there is a service/application that I need to start on the module?