SC20 : Timeout error on uploading with fh_loader or fw_loader

Hello,

I think, I’ve found the way in order to create uploadable files with the method described in the SC20_inux_Packaging_&_Download_On_Ubuntu_Guide.

I’ve now the Quectel_Emmc folder with the differents ext4 files, the differents mbn files, the rawprogram_unsparse.xml and the patch0.xml.

I can see the module with the lsub command :

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)

But when I’ve trying the fh_loader command :

Quectel_Emmc$ …/fh_loader -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 13:prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn
Binary build date: Oct 11 2018 @ 20:08:09
QSAHARASERVER CALLED LIKE THIS: '…/fh_loader -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 13:prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn 'Current working dir: /home/gilou/Documents/jimini/Base_image/SC20_Linux_Unpacking_tool_20200907/Quectel_Emmc
Sahara mappings:
2: amss.mbn
6: apps.mbn
8: dsp1.mbn
10: dbl.mbn
11: osbl.mbn
12: dsp2.mbn
16: efs1.mbn
17: efs2.mbn
20: efs3.mbn
21: sbl1.mbn
22: sbl2.mbn
23: rpm.mbn
25: tz.mbn
28: dsp3.mbn
29: acdb.mbn
30: wdt.mbn
31: mba.mbn
13: prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn
ERROR: function: rx_data:265 Timeout Occured, No response or command came from the target!
ERROR: function: sahara_main:854 Sahara protocol error
ERROR: function: main:265 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Hi gilou,
were you able to resolve this issue? I’m using running into this for SC20 Linux as well.
My eval board came with Android build installed and am wondering if this error manifests when transitioning to Linux. If you have a resolution, do you mind sharing?

thanks,

Hello,
My problem was the modemManager on my linux I’ve stop it, and now I can upload linux on the SC20.
I’ve found the info here.

Hope that will work for you.

Thank you for your reply. I will check this out. In addition, we used qpst/qfil tool on windows to flash a Linux image and that worked for us. FYI

Can confirm that stopping modemManager resolved this issue for us too.
Thank you gilou!

I’m glad that help you, I’ve passed a few days to try to understand why… We are not using windows at work, so I’m always looking for working tools on Linux.