SC20 smart module Zigbee + Bluetooth + WLAN coexistence interface

Hi, Is it possible to implement Zigbee + Bluetooth + WLAN coexistence with sc20 smart module? I’d like to interface the module with an external zigbee module.

Thank you for your support!

Hi vinhlq,

Zigbee is not supported in sc20 moudle, so that is unable to realize. Bluetooth and WLAN are supported.

Thank you~

Hi abby.wu, Thank you for your reply, But i am not asking for zigbee support, i am looking for PTA COEX hardware interface, i know it is already implemented on sc20 for WLAN + Bluetooth. Then if the sc20 has this on reserved GPIO pin please let me know. The link below is the PTA COEX i am talking about

Hi vinhlq,

Currently, we haven’t done this function through connect an external zigbee module, so i need comfirm it first, when i have an answer, i will reply to you immediately.

Thank you!

Hi vinhlq,

It is support to connect an an external zigbee module with SC20 moudle, and implement Zigbee + Bluetooth + WLAN coexistence. the PTA what you said is maybe a Qualcomm Cxm mechanism. But you need apply a new feature from Qcalcomm, and then you can develop this funtion by yourself.

Thank you~

Hi abby.wu, Thank you for the finding, I dont known about the “Qualcomm Cxm mechanism”, it does not seem to be published yet.
We only need simple 1-wire PTA. AFAIK Qualcomm has PTA on some SOCS: QCA401x, QCA402x. We had implemented it on qca401x SOCS by using BT_ACTIVE or WLAN_ACTIVE pin. The zigbee module (in slave mode) will check WLAN or bluetooth is busy or not before send any Tx-packet.
I believe the SOC which the sc20 module is using has the same mechanism for RF front-end
So, to sum up we only need a hardware pin to read busy state of WLAN or Bluetooth to avoid conflict in 2.4Ghz network.
And may be you could help by provide me the reserved pin map document?
You can check datasheet of the qca401x SOCS at: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca401x-series/documentation

Hi vinhlq,

There is no default hardware pta pin is reserved on sc20 moudle, if you want to implement it, maybe you need use gpio to simulate it. we have no the off-the-shelf configuration.
I suggest you can contact with local fae to support you, ask him for some document, like gpio configuration list, hareware design etc. Maybe it can solve your issue better and faster.

Thank you

Hi abby.wu, No, it is not something, that can be implemented by software. But that is all i want to know, thank you!

Hi vinhlq,

sorry about i misunderstood your meaning before…
This funtion is not supported on our sc20 standard module.

Thank you!