RM520N-GL Speed Capped at 250mbs

Even after installing the latest firmware the module does not go past 250mbps on TMobile. Any help would be appreciated

What is the rm520 installed in, and what firmware are you referring to?

Wg1608 router with RM520N-GL

Are you using the wg1608 with stock OpenWRT or ROOter?

The problem is the rooter. I also have had the same issue but I was getting even lower speeds… like 100Mbps.
So I did try on another board (5G to ethernet converter) and I got 1Gbps of speed, when I am close to the 5G antenna…

Wow. That sucks cuase i bought wg1608 with rm520ngl on alinexpress.

Do you mean Ethernet board like these will improve?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNFJGTY

You can open your router and take the RN-520N-GL out of it. It is easy to identify as it is the little card connected to the 5G antennas. Anyway, that’s by far the most valuable part of what you have bought, it’s probably worth 5 times the price of the router itself.

And yes, the Aliexpress link is for the good board. Just try to find one with the case. You will thank me later.
You will just need to send few seria commands via minicom (or similar) to the 5g module to get it working with this board.

I have a usb adapter then i want to plug it to a small router like orange r1 plus lts which is openwrt ready. But then the usb port is only 2.0. Also aliexpress glued the ipex4 connectors to the module which is an itch to the head.

Man my RM520N so far is slow. In fact my EM160R is faster than my RM520 in terms of LTE speed. My em160 reaches 180mbps anytime while rm520 is mostly 100mbps. So i put it in the shelf.

Id like to pull it out of the WG1608 and put it in a USB adapter then plug it into a router like NanoPi R5.