RM520N-GL RGMII Ethernet port issues/drops

Hello there, I am using an RM520N-GL in an M.2 to RJ45 board (RGMII) and I’m having some trouble with the Ethernet port. It simply just stops responding to packet requests. It’s noticed the most when the modem is in motion, moving to different cell sites.

The only way to fix it temporarily is to reboot the modem.

I know that the modem is still connected to the Internet when this happens because I can access the gateway through tailscale (static binary running directly on the modem)
Tailscale isn’t causing it to happen either, it happens either way.

Anyone know the fix? Does Qflash on windows do a true full flash of every partition on the modem? If not, how can I do so? Thanks!

I’m thinking I know what it is.
I changed AT+QETH=“RGMII” from Enabled to Disabled last night by sending AT+QETH=“RGMII”,“DISABLE”,1

I also set it into ECM mode AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,1

I drove around with it today and didn’t have any issues. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Can you tell details about the “M.2 to RJ45 board (RGMII)”? Is it something off-the-shelf?

In my case curious problems/USB line drops were related to power supply issues,
the power supply were not able to supply enough current to when the radio module was doing something/more than idle.

Yeah. So the board I’m talking about it’s starting to get very popular. It’s kinda like a USB M.2 adapter but it also gives the module an Ethernet controller with an Ethernet port (RJ45) to use. I like the one from Aliexpress by MCUZone. Has a 2.5Gig Ethernet port, USB C 3.0 for both power and data, and a 12v port for power. I use the 12v port with a 12v 5a adapter.
They also just came out with a PoE version as well.

would you provide link of the product. K.R.

does this product support both PCI and USB products of RM520NGL?

I bought PCI onne :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

note:
pci:RM520NGLAP-M20-SGASA
usb:RM520NGLAA-M20-SGASA

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msNEeTu

No idea. I can tell you that part of the process is to set data communication to PCIe mode. May or may not work. I don’t own the pci version of the module