RM520 with ring cameras

Hi,

I’m looking for some assistance. I’m wondering if anyone else is using the 5g m.2 rj45 board setup with ring cameras. Is anyone experiencing no live view through the ring app? Ever since I’ve been using this 5g m.2 rj45 setup, I haven’t been able to get it to work. Does it have anything to do with CGNAT? The live view never loads in the ring app, but i get notifications and alerts okay. Signal strength is good and app is up to date.

My setup is the 5g m.2 rj45 connected to a TP link AX21 router in router mode. I followed the awesome guide of iamromlan’s (GitHub - iamromulan/quectel-rgmii-configuration-notes: Notes on using a Quectel modem directly connected to Ethernet) to setup my rj45 board.

my firmware and modem.
Quectel
RM520N-GL
Revision: RM52ONGLAARO1AO8M4G O1.200.01.200

Thanks in advance.

Dear @todoroshi
Could you give us more information of your device? How to setup? It is better to give us a frame.

@silvia Hopefully this is what you meant. I setup my rj45 following the guides prompts.

AT+QCFG=“data_interface”,1,0
AT+QETH=“eth_driver”,“r8125”,1
AT+QCFG=“pcie/mode”,1
AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,1
AT+QMAPWAC=1
AT+CGDCONT=1,“IPV4V6”,“fast.t-mobile.com
AT+QPRTPARA=1
AT+CFUN=1,1

Then

To enable IP passthrough (DMZ Method):
AT+QMAP=“LAN”,192.168.225.2
AT+QMAP=“DMZ”,1,4,192.168.225.2
AT+CFUN=1,1 (reboot)

Then

To enable IP passthrough (QMAP Method):
AT+QMAP=“MPDN_rule”,0,1,0,1,1,“FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF”

Then

DHCPV4DNS disable
AT+QMAP=“DHCPV4DNS”,“disable”

My setup is like so:

5g m2 rj45 → router → ring camera
(LAN → WAN → WiFi)

Dear @todoroshi
Did you try other device to connect with router? Is it work? like mobile phone can search via network or not.
I am not sure whether you can contact with ring camera’s provider and get any suggestion from them.

Thanks. I’ll contact ring.