RM500Q OAI test

Hello,
I am trying to connect my RM500Q modem to an OpenAirInterface 5G core network. When using windows as laptop OS to connect with the modem, I have no problems (my laptop gets an IP after installing the last Windows Quectel driver), but when I use a linux device, the modem connects correctly to the 5G CN but my computer does not get an IP to interact with. I think that it may be related to the driver, so I would like to check which part of the linux driver should be installed, in addition to instructions about how to install it. I have seen in the pdf that there are several sections, so, I am not sure which tool should be installed. I am using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Best regards

Dear @ameseguer
I have sent the linux driver to you, please check.

I’m interested if you had any success. I’m trying something similar with a 502Q-AE module and have not been able to get it to connect to the OAI network

Hello, I finally used Ubuntu Desktop 23.10 for raspberry pi 4b which has the driver for quectel models previously installed.

Do you have any reference materials you’d recommend for connecting to an OAI network? I’ve been primarily relying on the ATCOM Manuel. The limited steps I’ve seen make it seem almost automatic. running AT+COPS=?, I can see the PLMN I want to connect to (5G SA network) but when I run AT+QENG=“servingcell” it shows its a connected to a LTE cell with LIMSRV

Once you connect the modem, please type just the following at commands:
AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“oai”
AT+CGDCONT=2
AT+CGDCONT=3
AT+CGACT=1,1

I’ve tried doing that with the following procedures:
1: AT+CFUN=4
2. Establish 5G network (core, L1, L2)
3. verify that context 1 is as above with no context for 2 or 3
4. AT+CGACT=1,1 (get CME error 30) and if I read it, AT+CGACT? it says 1,0
5. start Quectel CM in new terminal
6. AT+CFUN=1

the device registers (seen in core logs, L2 logs, and CM logs)
L2 crashes
core logs seem to indicate that the PDU never gets established
CM logs don’t reveal much (gets stuck waiting for the connection until i disable RF and then the call fails)