RM500Q-GL -- PCIe interface not working

Hi,

I have developed my own pcb or circuit for m.2 RM500Q module and I have exposed usb and PCI interfaces. I have successfully managed to connect/communicate over USB. However, I have been unable to communicate over PCI interface.

First of all, I do not see anything in device manager when the module is connected to PC using PCIe interface.
Secondly, i have tried this on both windows and Linux OS but no luck.

I am wondering if I need to use any AT commands or I need some specific drivers to be able to connect/communicate over PCIe interface?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello Zohaib,
Thanks for your question, did you do the test it on PC with x86 framework, if yes, please use PCIE only (Fused) module to test it, because X86’s BIOS do PCIE scan within 300-mseconds, so only Fused module’s PCIE can be detected during the time.
By the way, in order to better support you, please answer below questions,thanks!

• Company name and located city:

• Project name (so we can refer to it in the future):

• Application type:

• Estimated Annual Units (for series production):

• Project timeline:

• Current status:

• From which distributor do you buy Quectel modules & EVB kits?

• Do you have EVB kit for this application?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response. I am newbie with 5G modules and if you could please provide more details that would be really great and would really appreciate it.

To begin with I have x64 framework PC? Since you asked me about the x86 framework, why does it matter whether my PC is x86 or x64 when it comes PCIe?

Could please elaborate more on ‘PCIe only FUSED’ module? are you implying that there are two variants of a module one with PCIe only and the other with USB interface only? If yes, why this information is not available on any documentations?

To conclude, I work at R&D department of the university of Sheffield and only design and develop prototypes for R&D purposes. I hope this answers all your questions.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Zohaib

Hello Zohaib,
if you test it on PC with x86(including x64), please use PCIE only (Fused) module to test it, because X86’s BIOS do PCIE scan within 300-mseconds, so only Fused module’s PCIE can be detected during the time.
RM500Q-GL have three variants as shown in below picture. when you buy it, our sales or distributor should recommend suitable type according to your application.Thanks.

Hi Peter,

There was no such information provided by the distributor. However, the module I have is RM500QGLAB-M20-SGASA. This module should support PCIE along with the USB interface. Currently, I have it working over USB interface. Could you please list the command(s) that I need to use to switch it into PCIe interface.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,
Zohaib

Here you are,thanks.

Quectel_RG50xQ&RM5xxQ_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.1.pdf (1.3 MB)

How do you set the AT Commands to get the list using lspci command on linux?