RM500Q EARFCN locking and failing to aggregate

Hi everyone.

I’m currently using an RM500Q with Three UK proving internet service.

The mast I connect to has LTE bands B1+B3+B32. Of those bands, B3 performs best as primary, however the RM500Q will steer towards B1 - this is despite the LTE band priority being set to 3:32:1

[admin@MikroTik] > /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at+qnwcfg=\"lte_band
_priority\""              
  output: +QNWCFG: "lte_band_priority",3:32:1

Not a huge issue, so I’ll try and set the EARFCN lock.

[admin@MikroTik] > /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at+qnwcfg=\"lte_earf
cn_lock\",1,1392"

Sets the EARFCN lock to B3 - however it doesn’t aggregate anything else.

So, instead I set a 4G Band lock

[admin@MikroTik] > /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="at+qnwlock=\"common/
4g\",1,1392,82" 

Which locks to B3 as primary carrier and PCI - not what I want as I don’t want a cell lock, just EARFCN.

This brings me on to the second issue, my carrier Three sleeps B32 at night time and enables it again in the morning. However, the RM500Q fails to reconnect and aggregate B32 again in the morning. This is frustrating as most of my bandwidth is provided by B32.

My question is 2 parts:

1. How do I lock to EARFCN 1392 whilst still allowing aggregation
  2. How do I ensure the module searches and aggregates B32 when it is enabled again in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

Dear @Arthur_Dent
Which module did you use? GL or AE? Did you test the latest firmware?

It’s RM500Q-GL module - latest firmware has been used.

I have since removed the band lock and the band priority and it would appear to have resolved the issue, the module stays with the strongest band cell, B3 and recovers B32 when it is powered up again in the morning by the carrier.

I do have another question for you though @silvia, what is the minimum required received cell specifications for a 5G NSA connection,

I can see a weak 5G N78 cell from my mast but it doesn’t aggregate.

Scratch that - I’m having to band lock again but I’m finding one the carriers B32 is reinstated early hours, the device isn’t aggregating the band again.

I’m having to remove the cell lock, let it aggregate and then lock the cell.

@silvia do you have any more info on this?

Thanks.

How did you install the rm500q driver? If you have that file, could you send it to me? :wink: I’m using rm500q-gl, but I can’t start because of driver problems…
email: sphyun1022@gmail.com