RM500Q-AE with 700-3800MHz Cellular 8dBi Directional 4×4 MIMO Antenna

Hey there, first post here - I’m trying to use a RM500Q-AE with a WiFix AD4M MIMO antenna. This device has 4 antennas as explained here:

I’m trying to use these antennas with the RM500Q-AE but the modem is having a hard time not dropping n71. This is on T-Mobile. Switching to paddle antennas makes the RM500Q-AE work again, but I’m trying to understand why it’s having issues with this particular antenna.

Any clues would be super welcome :slight_smile: thank you!!

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your question, we suggest you to use 5G antenna instead of WiFi antenna. and Quectel also have antenna department which can provide professional antenna consulting,evaluation,design,testing and manufacturing. In order to provide better support to you, please help to answer below questions, we will ask related FAE to support you,thanks!

• Company name and Position:

• Project name (so we can refer to it in the future):

• Application type:

• Estimated Annual Units (for series production):

• Project timeline:

• Current status:

• From which distributor do you buy Quectel modules & EVB kits?

• Do you have EVB kit for this application?

Hey Peter,

Thank you for your response. Could you link me to 5G antennas that are better suited for this? Also, why is using this antenna not suitable? It supports the necessary frequencies for 5G, does it not?

Thank you for your help.

Just reading the datasheet at https://www.streakwave.com/amfile/file/download/file/1844/product/21283/ that antenna does not support N71.

Yes, if you need any type of cellular antennas, please feel free to contact us, we have dedicated antenna department to handle any antenna requirements, please send a mail to support@quectel.com, thanks!