RG500L-EU – NV corruption, emergency recovery and firmware request

Hello,

I have a 5G CPE/router that uses the Quectel RG500L-EU module.
The module is soldered on the main board (D-Link DWR-2000M). A clear photo of the module label and hardware details is attached.

By mistake I modified some NV-related files via ADB (specifically nvram and mbdata in block7). After reboot:
• The device no longer powers on normally (all LEDs are off).
• It does not boot the OS or start any services.
• When I connect the module/router via USB-C to a Windows PC, a COM/USB port appears and disappears every 1–2 seconds in a loop, so I cannot get a stable connection for flashing.

It looks like the NV / NVRAM area is corrupted and the module is now stuck in a preloader boot loop.

I would like to ask for your help with the following:
1. What is the recommended recovery procedure to repair or reinitialize the NV / NVRAM / mbdata partitions on RG500L-EU in this situation?
2. How can I force the module into emergency USB boot / download / BootROM mode (for example using USB_BOOT or other test points) so that flashing is possible?
3. Could you please provide (or tell me how to obtain) the latest official firmware / repair image / bootloader recovery file for this exact RG500L-EU hardware revision, suitable for emergency flashing?

If possible, please send the download link or package details to this email address:

4yo.spy@gmail.com

My only goal is to restore the module so it can boot normally again.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Ali

Hi @Bryan.Tan-Q
Please help to check.

I would like to thank Mr. Brian for helping me solve my problem.

can you send the firmware to me bro? I have the same problem

I need new firmware for

Quectel
RG500L-EU
Revision:RG500LEUAPR04A01E32G_OCPU

For opencpu firmware which is generated from SDK. It is developed by customer. Quectel has no original firmware on device.

Good day. Just stumbled upon this from searching. Same experience here with my router. Can you kindly share how Mr. Brian helped you so it can help others and myself as well. My email is n4ttyg@gmail.com. Thanks in advance