Restarting just GSM section of MC60 module

Hi there,

I want to restart just GSM section of MC60 module. Command for the same is
AT+CFUN=0
some delay
AT+CFUN=1

I want to know if I am missing something and what delay should I use Any other optimized technique for restarting GSM section only. Any help will be appreciated.

I am using SDK V1.7 and core version MC60CAR01A10

Thank You

Dear Dev,
You can try to use the following method to restart the module. Thanks!
AT+CFUN=1,1

1 Like

To shut down GSM module AT+CFUN=0
delay()
and to restart GSM section only AT+CFUN=1,1

What is delay between these two commands?

Dear Dev,
Please note that AT+CFUN=0 just can disable the RF function and (U)SIM card function, cannot shut down the module.Thanks!
You do not need to send AT+CFUN=0 before restart the GSM section, so there is no need to set the delay time. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response :slight_smile:

Hello @Kyson
I have same issue,I want to restart M95 GSM module.How to do that? I tried both AT+CFUN=1,1 & AT+QPOWD=1,but not getting response. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

@Sana_Shaikh Normally the two commands should be take effect to restart the module. Please double check it. You can use one command each time. If still cannot take effect, you can try to use the hardware method such as the reset pin. Thanks!

@Kyson Thank you for your reply!
Yes,I tried one command at a time ,but no effect. M95 GSM does not have Reset pin. It has powerkey pin.Then how to reset it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sana:
You can refer to the following:

hi there,
I want to shud down the gsm section of mc60
how can i do that?
Which At command works?

AT+CFUN=0 directly shuts down the gsm part, including the signal, network injection, SMS and other functions of the module. The short delay is because the module needs to process some data.

AT+CFUN=1. Command 1 is to restart the module

AT+QPOWD command is off, module power off

Hi Miran
AT+CFUN=0 directly shuts down the gsm part, including the signal, network injection, SMS and other functions of the module. The short delay is because the module needs to process some data.

AT+CFUN=1. Command 1 is to restart the module

AT+QPOWD command is off, module power off