Requesting Firmware Upgrade - QMI Instability - EG25G

Hello guys,

I am having issues getting qmicli working correctly when establishing any type of GPRS connection, whether it’s via PPP or QMI. I am currently using a raspberry pi 4 on a system running arm64.

sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 --wda-get-data-format
sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 --dms-set-operating-mode=‘online’
sudo ip link set wwan0 down
echo ‘Y’ | sudo tee /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
sudo ip link set wwan0 up
sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 --device-open-net=‘net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header’ --wds-start-network=“apn=‘fast.t-mobile.com’,ip-type=6”

I then go to request an ip address in every way, shape, and form:
sudo udhcpc -v -f -i wwan0 - doesn’t work
/usr/src/busybox-1.36.1/busybox_UDHCPC6 -i wwan0 - doesn’t work

sh*t i even tried dhclient: dhclient -6 -v wwan0 - nope doesn’t work.

I’ve verified the SIM card is fine, please do not give me some bs generic answer to earn brownie points with your boss. I think what I am needing is a firmware upgrade based on the research I’ve done and other people having similar issues with this particular model.

Here is my firmware version:
AT+QGMR
EG25GGBR07A08M2G_30.006.30.006
OK

Somebody/Support, please provide me with the latest firmware if possible.

Hi @mikebtg
From your description, it may be a problem with the dial-up tool. I will send you the latest dial-up tool for a try.

Yes, I’m aware, but there is also an issue with the modem with IPv6 I believe. I just want to eliminate that factor by upgrading the firmware, I was doing some reading and apparently other users were experiencing stability issues with this specific model and it was fixed by upgrading the firmware

OK,can you give your e-mail,and i will send the firmware to you.

Okay, i sent it… thank you.

Hi @mikebtg
I sent you the firmware, one thing to note is that the new version has a put rollback feature and you will not be able to roll back to the old version after upgrading.