Request BG95-M3 linux drivers

Hello, I have seen from other posts on this forum that linux drivers can be requested here.
I found a zip online with several versions of linux drivers (ver 2.6.12 through 5.3.1) however I require drivers for 5.4.3 and 5.4.142. If additional newer versions are also available, I’d like to receive those, too.

Also I was wondering why these drivers are not made available on the product page? Why do people need to request them on the forum like this?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Actually as long as you follow the Quectel_UMTS_LTE_5G_Linux_USB_Driver_User_Guide_V3.1.pdf
just add the VID and PID into the usb id table of option.c, there should be ttyUSBx come out.
And BG95M3 support ECM and ppp. If you would like to use ECM,just make sure CONFIG_USB_NET_CDCETHER is selected.
Someone don’t have experience in Linux kernel. Quectel could provide the option.c for them. And so that they don’t need to add the VID and PID by themselves.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I looked on the BG95-M3 main product page here and could not find a file titled “Quectel_UMTS_LTE_5G_Linux_USB_Driver_User_Guide_V3.1.pdf”

By doing a Google search I found this older version V3.0: https://sixfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Quectel_UMTS_LTE_5G_Linux_USB_Driver_User_Guide_V3.0.pdf

Can you share the latest version, V3.1?