Registration issues

Hello

I am playing around with BG96s and BG95s here in the USA. I have a SIM card from a third party which can connect to all the major players in the USA (T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon). The issue that I am facing, is that once my card connects to a single network operator it will not change off that operator again…even if there is no service.

How do I test this?

I take the SIM card out and using a USB SIM card antenna force it to register to AT&T, once I put it back in my testing board it will only connect to AT&T. I take the SIM card out and do the same for Verizon or T-Mobile and the same thing happens.

Any ideas would help, I am a newbie but trying to learn something I thought would be straight forward but seems to be turning our complex.

My ultimate goal, is that my SIM card will connect to the strongest network (LTE, 3G, 2G) on any network in the USA and work every-time.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Joecellgood,
If you want to change the operator, you can refer AT+COPS this command.
For your ultimate goal, you can view the manual Quectel_BG95&BG77&BG600L_Series_QCFG_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0 and refer the AT command as below:
AT+QCFG=
“nwscanmode”
“servicedomain”
“nwscanseq”
“band”
“iotopmode”

You can download the maunal you need on our official website~! Thanks!~

Thanks, I have tired all this, and for whatever reason my device will stick to GSM and or just one network.

I have all the configurations you referred to and I can’t seem to get the device to check CAT-M1 first and then GSM…and choose the best provider found.

Could you paste what you sent here?

AT
AT+QMBNCFG=“autosel”
if autosel !=1
Send AT+QMBNCFG=“autosel”,1

at+qcfg=“nwscanseq”
if nwscanseq!=020103
Send at++QCFG=“nwscanseq”,020103

at+qcfg=“iotopmode”
if iotopmode!=0
send at+qcfg=“iotopmode”,0,1

AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”
if nwscanmode!=0
send AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”,0

AT+QICSGP=1,1,“","”,"*****",0 <taken out on purpose, this is the APN information>

AT+CREG?
if reutrn 0,1 or 0,5 go to next step.
AT+CSQ

AT+CGREG?
AT+CEREG?

AT+CSQ
AT+CCLK?
AT+GSN
AT+CIMI

AT+QSSLCFG=“cacert”,1,“cacert.pem”
AT+QHTTPCFG=“contenttype”,3
AT+QSSLCFG=“sni”,1,1
AT+QHTTPCFG=“sslctxid”,1
AT+QSSLCFG=“sslversion”,1,4
AT+QSSLCFG=“ciphersuite”,1,0XFFFF
AT+QSSLCFG=“seclevel”,1,0

AT+QIACT=1

AT+QHTTPURL=33,80

Hi Joecellgood,
Pls tell me what specific model you are developing(BG95 BG96).
I just see the AT command. After the AT+QICSGP to configure the context ID and AT+QIACT to activate the context ID, but it seems that you leave AT+QIOPEN to open socket service if you need TCP connection.
The module will not change the operator automatically but the band. Unless you have programme on it, but there is no this step in your program.