Receiving calls with EG915U

Hi,

I’m doing tests with a EG915U firmware EG915UEUABR03A01M08 and I cannot receive voice call over LTE. I always appears as “line busy” from the caller side.

Is there any configuration that has to be active to receive calls or a new firmware?

Thank you

Hi @FrancescSolid
You can use the AT+QENG=“SERVINGCELL” command to check whether your online registration is normal?

Hi @lyman-Q ,

I get this

AT+QENG=“SERVINGCELL”
+QENG: “servingcell”,“NOCONN”,“LTE”,“FDD”,214,04,142B365,3,1675,3,4,4,1F42,-1090

OK

And just to add a bit of information, this SIM can receive calls in a regular phone and when the SIM is used with the device with thet EG915U it has a valid IP and it can establish socket connections just fine.

1 Like

Hi @FrancescSolid
Thank you for your reply. Can you make calls from the module?

I can also confirm that with the EG915U-EU we have problems with calls with certain operators. For example, in the Netherlands TMobile (now is Odido), Telia in Estonia, movistar in Uruguay. It seems to be related to voLTE with some operators, because it works via 2G if operator support it. But more and more they are dropping 2G, so that problem with EG915 voLTE is increasing. SMS and mobile data works fine. We had to go back to the EG91 which works great. We have informed Quectel about this problem a long time ago, unfortunately the situation has not changed.

1 Like

Hi @lyman-Q , I’ve followed @minex instructions and changed it to other networks With Orange and YOIGO I’ve managed to receive and make calls but just no consistently. At some point I get “line busy” and it stops working till further reset. Data connection is working always fine.

Does it have some kind of sleep/iddle mode for calls? I’ve tried updating it to EG915UEUABR03A21M08_OCPU_QPY and I get the same results.

Regards