Quectel RM520n-gl - can't reach 5g

Hello I have RM520n-gl modem and the problem is I can’t reach 5g connection. Do I need attach all 4 anntenas to this modem? I have supposedly 5g sim-card from our provider.
AT command below

AT+QENG=“servingcell”

+QENG: “servingcell”,“NOCONN”,“LTE”,“FDD”,260,01,4FBB01,239,1300,3,5,5,5232,-107,-10,-77,12,9,100,-

I suspect that there should be something like 5G-5GNR output? Am I rifght?
Thanks for any help

Hi @imthernet

It is recommended that you connect all the antennas, you can find more in the below

Also you can try to lock to 5G with following command to test.
AT+QNWPREFCFG=“mode_pref” // Query the current network search mode
AT+QNWPREFCFG=“mode_pref”,NR5G // Lock to NR5G
AT+QNWPREFCFG=“mode_pref”,LTE:NR5G // Lock to LTE and NR5G

Thanks

Thank you for your answer. I will be testing it soon.

Hello, I’m testing again the RM520N-GL 5G module. There is still problem to reach 5g signal.
Some additional informations from AT query:
Module FW - response: ‘RM520NGLAAR01A05M4G_01.001.01.001’

'AT+QNWPREFCFG="nr5g_disable_mode"'
response: ‘+QNWPREFCFG: “nr5g_disable_mode”,1’

'AT+QNWPREFCFG="rat_acq_order"'
response: ‘+QNWPREFCFG: “rat_order_pref”,NR5G:LTE:WCDMA’

'AT+QNWPREFCFG="mode_pref"'
response: ‘+QNWPREFCFG: “mode_pref”,AUTO’

'AT+QRSRQ'
response: ‘+QRSRQ: -9,-8,-32768,-32768,LTE’

After last AT+QRSRQ it looks like module only read signal from 2 antennas out of 4. I’ve connected all four antennas.
I am still available to get LTE connection only.

Is the firmware ‘RM520NGLAAR01A05M4G_01.001.01.001’ correct? Is there a newer firmware available?

Hi @imthernet

I don’t think this firmware is causing it, if you want the new one you can find it below, please read the Release note to decide if you want to upgrade.
RM520NGLAAR01A08M4G_14.201.14.201.zip

Br,
Puck

@imthernet I am facing the exact same issue, with the same problems with antenna signal and LTE only connectivity.
Did you find a solution? I am struggling bad with this one…

I know this is a late reply, but did you try with both NR5G-SA and NR5G-NSA enabled?

AT+QNWPREFCFG="nr5g_disable_mode",0

Any update?do you solved it by Updating to Latest firmware RM520NGLAAR01A08M4G? We have same problem i experienced it.almost 3 months no 5g.

Yes, i was able to get 5G connection. It was some months ago but i had do connect all antennas (which supports 5g) to the modem. In static place where i was testing it i couldn’t reach 5G, so I decided to test it a bit further and then i was able to get 5G.

Also i didn’t upgrade firmware.

Wow.Congratz.But mine until now cant reach 5g.already update to the latest Rm520 but nothing happen.All of my antennas are connected.
Thanks for the feedback.

What do these AT commands return?

AT+QNWPREFCFG="nsa_nr5g_band"
AT+QNWPREFCFG="nr5g_band"
AT+QSCAN=2