Quectel EM160R-GL question

I have a Quectel EM160R-GL modem and I’m trying to figure out how to get the best connection using CA. The current LTE bands that I pick up reliably are 2, 12, 14, and 66. B14 is my best signal strength at about 70% and has good bandwidth both upload and download. B12 is decent signal at 50-60% with decent UL/DL. B2 and B66 are terrible for signal at less than 50%, but they have very good DL but terrible UL. I have locked the EM160R-GL to those 4 bands successfully, but I have no way to prioritize one of the other. I have tried the AT command AT+QCFG=“lte/bandprior”,14,12 and the modem responds OK, but it doesn’t make any difference. Also, does CA only apply to DL bandwidth? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

12 days and 0 replies from Quectel. it’s a simple question…what does the command AT+QCFG=“lte/bandprior” even do? As far as I can tell, it does NOTHING!

I have the same modem…I have noticed that band 14 doesn’t like to CA very much…2 and 66 are probably your best bands for speed but you need a good Ext antenna…I have a Bolton long ranger and it works great…I removed band 12 due to that band being the slowest.

Good Luck!

RJ